• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

any one bonded...

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
hello again guys
a member is enquiring about bungee our remaining female 11 week old baby, the flaw is her bun is 4 years old, has anyone any experience in bonding baby to adult?

Last edited:
Several times and it is often the easiest bond, even if done BEFORE the Baby Doe is spayed.

I'd advise getting the Doe spayed ASAP (5-6 months of age, not before IMO ). Keeping the pair together whilst at the Vet for the Spay and afterwards. This is what I have done on numerous occasions and I have never had a problem.

Most Rescues wont Rehome an unspayed Doe though, so their advice may differ, purely on the basis that all of their Rabbits must be neutered before Rehoming, not because it is not possible to bond a yet to be spayed Baby Doe to an adult neutered Buck

As with Jane, I've found it the easiest bond. (Recently bonded a horrendously difficult bun with a 3 month old, and it went better than I could have imagined.)

The adult bun doesn't feel threatened by the baby, so is far more likely to accept them. I'd do it before any hormones might start to appear in the little one, as it gets trickier from that point.

I've never had a broken bond when the hormones start to appear, as the bond is already established.:wave:

I've done it it and went horrendously wrong when the girlie hit adolescence- until then it was a piece of cake. They had a really nasty fight.

The member would have to look at what she would do if it did go wrong. With a rescue the rabbit could potentially be returned, but with a private adoption you guys would have to discuss and agree things like that between yourselves.

I've done it it and went horrendously wrong when the girlie hit adolescence- until then it was a piece of cake. They had a really nasty fight.

The member would have to look at what she would do if it did go wrong. With a rescue the rabbit could potentially be returned, but with a private adoption you guys would have to discuss and agree things like that between yourselves.

I have done this with rescue buns in the past and in a number this has happened. This is why I always advise getting them neutered prior to bonding as disharmony can kick in when someone is out and they can come back to an injured rabbit.

thanks guys
ill PM clarebear this thread for her to decide,
however if she ever had to rehome bungee id hope shed come back here :)

Back