• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ice pods

Elena

Wise Old Thumper
Sorry, another question about these :oops:

When I got one of ours out today it had deformed quite a bit and part of it had 'peaked' like a mini mountain. Will it still be ok to use?

:wave: I'm not sure what the content of an ice pod is, so personally I wouldn't risk using it just incase it cracked open & the contents were toxic to the buns......

I do have an ice pod, but tend to use frozen litre bottles of water. At least with those you know that if it splits the contents aren't harmful :)

It should be ok, I think it is the contents expanding as they freeze. i have one too but my buns haven't gone near it.:( They tend to lie in the shade somewhere in the garden. I put it in on days when they are locked inn all day in the hope they might need it.:lol:

I've just started using mine again and one of them has a little lump in it when it's frozen too. :? I'm still using it, but it's always tucked under a blanket.

The other one had also deformed but not quite so badly. I've let it 'melt' and then put it back in the freezer making sure it's level and not angled.

Back