• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rectangle size farm bale storage box?

Hi,

Fat fluffs had some posted up on facebook.

There's some pictures on 25th March but I do remember some comments on one of the picture posts, asking about prices etc. but I can't see it now.

They do 2 sizes - farm bale and small pack.

Might be worth popping onto the website and e-mailing them.

:wave:

I made a simple box frame from some sawn treated timber from Wiokes and some plywood. Mine stands inside a shed so the top is open for the hay to breath. Not a fan of wheely bins as in the summer the hay can sweat and mold spores can develop.

We use this and it fits one of the rectangle bales very well with a bit of a gap at the ends. Ours is kept in a cool garage though so doesn't sweat.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...=1|category_root|Garden+and+Outdoors|16849255

We can't leave it in there loose as we have had mice in the garage before. And they can get up high so could get in even with the lid off.

That is very similar to mine and I have not had any problems with it, it is in the sun for approximately 2 hours max a day. The wheelie bin I only started using this week as I had 2 bales delivered this week and I had not finished my old bale yet. It is out of the full sun and so far there is no condensation which could affect it.

Back