• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lottie died - UD -> Lewis started limping with 1 leg again yday

.x.Rach.x.

Alpha Buck
My bf found her dead this morning :cry:
Lewis was with her in the litter tray.

They both had their myxi vaccs on Monday and a health check.

I'm so upset and Lewis looks heartbroken :cry: He groomed my skin for ages! Now he's lying under our bed :( he isn't walking properly, I think it's the shock. I've managed to get him to eat about 5 pellets.

Last edited:
Binky free Lottie, sorry for your loss. *hugs*

I'd be worried if he isn't walking properly, could it be a reaction to the vaccine? If you could afford it maybe get a PM on lottie.

Have they had their VHD vaccine?

I'm really sorry.

I too would be concerned about Lewis's walking. Given you don't know what happened to Lottie, it would be sensible to get him checked out ASAP.

Binky Free Lottie.

So sorry that you lost her, what a terrible shock :(

I too would be concerned that there is a connection between her death and Lewis's walking, I hope he will be ok xxx

binky free lottie, sorry for your loss :(

I would be worried about Lewis and get him checked out, when mine have lost a friend they have been very quite but never walked oddly xx

Thanks guys.

Lewis seems to be walking ok now and he's eaten a spring green leaf. He let me have a cuddle with him on the bed, then my bf sat with him for a bit on the floor and now he's gone back to lying under the bed.

I've been thinking that Lottie possibly had respiritory problems, as when I got her in Oct, she had crusty eyes and sneezed a lot. The last 2 weeks, she's been squeeking at me when she wanted a stroke (really quietly), you wouldn't be able to hear unless you were down on the floor with her, I just thought maybe she was more vocal than Lewis. Also, Lewis always used to clean her eyes, but they looked bright and her fur looked really healthy, she was always very active too. The same time as I got Lottie (from pets at home - because she looked lonely :( and was so lovely ) my friends friend got a bunny from the same store, which died suddenly after a month or so.

She looked so healthy and full of life yesterday :( It's such a shock :cry:

I got Lewis an emergency appointment at the vets, everything seems to be fine. I think he's just suffering from the loss of Lottie :cry: The vet gave him a painkiller injection and an anti-inflammatory just incase.

Back