• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tomatoes

Anybody know if I can give the rabbits tomatoes? I know they can't really have salaad stuff but with them technically being fruit, I wasn't sure!?...... Xx

Yep, they can have some tomato. It's quite high in sugar though so limit it to the occassional treat. :)

Beano and Gordon don't like the wetness of them but they won't eat them unless they're cut in half and will leave them till last of their veg but they do eat them.

Yes, but mine only like them when they're cut in half, with the insides scooped out :roll: They only have them as a treat now though

I know Spenser had tomatoes from his previous owner, but for some reason I never felt quite right about giving them. I must try him with a bit some time.

Just to note though, the plant itself is poisonous so remove the stalks and don't let them munch on leaves if your growing them!

I give my bunnies tomatoes.
One day I looked out the window and it looked like a bloodbath had been going on :shock: I had forgotten I'd given them tomatoes and with them being white it showed red lol.

Back