• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Roger the Todger's retirement home

Blackberry & Co

Wise Old Thumper
Roger is 8 years old now, and has been living in a large ferplast indoor aviary (he used to share it with other budgies, but he is the last one now)

As he occasionally falls off his perch, and it's a long drop down, we have bought him a retirement bungalow :D

He moved in really quickly, and his favourite toys and perches etc have moved with him, and he was chirruping straight away (and did his trademark rubbing against the bars of the cage - hence the name Roger the Todger :oops:)

BunniesLadyrelaxingapril2011andpetticoats102.jpg

BunniesLadyrelaxingapril2011andpetticoats103.jpg

BunniesLadyrelaxingapril2011andpetticoats104.jpg

He looks just like a Budgie my school friend used to have.

Richie was completely bonkers. She used to hang upside down from a perch and everyone then had to clap and cheer her. If we didn't Richie would swear at us :shock:

She also used to sit on my friends Dad's head and lean down to pluck his eyebrows :lol:

Looks great

but how do you convince a bird to drink from a water bottle? :shock: Willow will not have it

He looks just like a Budgie my school friend used to have.

Richie was completely bonkers. She used to hang upside down from a perch and everyone then had to clap and cheer her. If we didn't Richie would swear at us :shock:

She also used to sit on my friends Dad's head and lean down to pluck his eyebrows :lol:

Freddie used to swing upside down from a toy, spinning round and round, and the more we cheered him on the faster he would go :lol: He was also good at stripping wallpaper.

Sparky used to walk through our dinner, paddle in the gravy & pinch our food. He also enjoyed playing with the keys on the typewriter. :lol:

Roger is very sweet, and can sing as if he has several other budgies inside him :love:

Looks great

but how do you convince a bird to drink from a water bottle? :shock: Willow will not have it

We used yo have bowls and bottles, the bowls got pooped in, seed thrown in etc, so they preferred the water from the bottles :lol:

Guess it's the same as with the bunnies - they choose what they prefer and stick to it :)

We used yo have bowls and bottles, the bowls got pooped in, seed thrown in etc, so they preferred the water from the bottles :lol:

Guess it's the same as with the bunnies - they choose what they prefer and stick to it :)

That's why I wanted Willow to have a bottle :lol:

Wow, he's looking good for 8 :)

My Mums Budgie 'Indy' is 6 now and most definitely looking his age :(

He loves pinching your food, straight out of your mouth :lol:

Back