• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had to bring the rabbits in early, was I just worrying to much.

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
I had the rabbtits in the run when I heard a big bang. Ran round into the garden to see about 5 kids stood looking over the fence :shock: The neighbours daughter was having a birthday party.
I asked them what they were doing and they replied - just watching your rabbits :?
one kid had a phone and videoing maisey :shock:
They were being soo loud and banging on the fence. Poor maisey and Russell were soo scared . Russell was stamping his feet very very loudly :cry:
i told them to get down and put the rabbits in their hutches straight away.
i know they are only kids but couldnt stop worrying about the rabbits safety.

Am I just worrying too much :roll:

Last edited:
Probably were just enjoying watching them, but I'd have done the same. Couldn't risk it, I'd want to inflict serious harm on anyone who laid a finger on Ted or Rosie.

Aww thats one thing I don't have to worry about all my buns are child, dog and cat proof lol! well the have to be lol! but nah there all fine with the noise etc! there used to it

I'd have done the same, my two get very scared at loud noises. I don't think I'd have liked them watching my rabbits though if they were making noise and seeing that it was scaring them. It's fair enough the neighbours showing their baby grandson the rabbits and guinea pigs over the hedge but they say he has to be quiet and calm around them.

If your bunnies were scared by the noise, then you did the right thing to bring them in IMO. If they were banging on the fence, then they obviously weren't 'just watching', especially if one of them was videoing a couple of terrified rabbits.

If your bunnies were scared by the noise, then you did the right thing to bring them in IMO. If they were banging on the fence, then they obviously weren't 'just watching', especially if one of them was videoing a couple of terrified rabbits.

yeah, :/ hopefully they wont climb the fence again :/

Depending on the kids I would have been inclined to take somebunny laid back over and used it for a chance of education.

I wouldn't have been comfortable out unsupervised though, so can definitely see why you did what you did.

My Flopsy has neighbours kids screeching, next doors dog barking, seagulls making mad racket, fireworks going off (bonfire night & new year) and he doesnt move a muscle:shock::lol:

Totally chilled out bun!!:D

Back