• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do all bunnies.....

Behaviour alter when they are with different buns.:shock:

What i'm trying to say is when Flopsy was with Jem (my angel bridge bunny:cry:) they would be out of hutch morning, then dinnertime then again nightime.

Now he as Flora his behaviour has changed....:roll:

They dont leave their hutch all day till teatime then stop out till all hours.:shock::shock:

Is this normal, ive only ever had Flopsy on his own and then with Jem so suppose i'm learning things about them i didnt know would happen:oops:

It depends on the bunnies and the personalities and why.

Roger hasn't changed at all with various bunny friends, but he was very different by himself.

It might be because they are still adjusting to the bond, or because its hot, or their routine is different. It may be because they are both more laid back with each other, than when he was wth his previous ladyfriend.

Definately agree with the submissive and dominant behaviour which will veary with whom they are with.

Depending on whom they are with a nervous rabbit may learn and take on some of the confident ways of another rabbit.

With changes in the season rabbits behaviour can change.

Flopsy was definately more laid back with his previous partner, jem, as they were together for 3 years but even at the beginning they were totally loved up, they went everywhere together, if one was in the hutch the other one would be and visa versa :D

He seems more nervy with Flora as when he goes to hump her there is still bit of fur pulling, only twice in last 6 wks.:(

Thing is they seem to groom each other loads whereas with his previous partner he groomed she just laid there.:roll:

Is this down to who is going to be top bun?

Flora (new bun) is definately more independent bun and outside is quite happy to be on her own, whereas Flopsy and Jem even sat together, they seemed to rely on each other if that makes sense.:oops:

Nothing has changed hutch wise, feeding or anything else.

Am guessing its just a case of getting to know each other and feeling more comfortable in each other surrounding, poor Flora is a 2 yr old neglect rspca case so god knows what shes been through,:(

We have recently bonded our Nethie boy Roly with a Nethie girl Enya, before that Roly lived on his own and use to spend most of his day sat in his play pen in his litter tray or sat in a corner since he has been with Enya they seem to stay in their indoor cage and come out at lunchtime then go back in their indoor cage and then out again at tea time. In fact he seem's to just like sitting in his indoor cage just washing her.
I think at the moment with Flopsy and Flora it's still all new and they are still getting to know each other I think in time they will settle down and be fine :)

I really do hope so:D

God i wish my little Jem was still here to take care of Flopsy like she knew how to and how he loved it:cry::cry:

I miss her sooooo much!!

He'll have a different relationship with Flora than with Jem but not necessarily better or worse, just different.

They won't necessarily stay exactly how they are now, either. When Poppy and Guinness were first together they tolerated but ignored each other...after a few months they were super close and never to be found apart. :)

Oh i hope they end up so loved up:D

Guess i was so used to Flopsy with Jem and their ways its hard getting used to a totally different bun and situation.

Guess i am so still grieving for my little Jem:cry: :cry:

Wonder sometimes if i got another bun too quickly, for me:roll: because i missed her sooooo much but Flopsy was very miserable on his own:cry:

Oh i hope they end up so loved up:D

Guess i was so used to Flopsy with Jem and their ways its hard getting used to a totally different bun and situation.

Guess i am so still grieving for my little Jem:cry: :cry:

Wonder sometimes if i got another bun too quickly, for me:roll: because i missed her sooooo much but Flopsy was very miserable on his own:cry:

I wonder the same thing about Skye, I got her only about 8 weeks after losing Sorrel, but Apache is a bun who really needs a companion.

It took ages to bond with Skye but from the beginning I loved her because she made Apache happy and now I love her for herself too, I'm sure the same will happen with you and Flora.

You did the right thing in getting Flopsy a new friend, even though it was hard for you. Flopsy and Flora *and* Jem would all thank you.

Aw thanks:)

I do hope Flopsy and Flora do eventually love each other like Flopsy and Jem did....:)

Guess its gonna take time for both of them to get used to each other and me to adjust to a different bunny bond...

I knew i loved and missed my jem sooo much but i really didnt realise how much:cry::cry:

Think its taken me more time to get over her than i thought:(:cry:

I really must stay positive for Flopsy's sake because he really did have avery hard time after he'd lost Jem and he moped about in the garden soooo much:cry::cry:

I don't think you ever really "get over" a special bun....it just becomes less raw. Sometimes Skye does something that reminds me of Sorrel and then I feel really disloyal, as if i've replaced her :( and she went to the bridge nearly 2 years ago.

I'm sure they'll be all loved up soon. Apache proper went for Skye the first time they were introduced - full on vicious fight - but they're a great pair now. :)

Thats exactly how i feel.....disloyal to Jem:cry::cry:

I know its best for Flopsy, because he is so much a loving bun and really needed a friend, am guessing its gonna take time for him and Flora.

It's fine to feel that way - the fact that you still miss her, and worry about potentially being disloyal, proves that you aren't. If you see what I mean. :)

I'm sure in a few months time we will all be "aaaahhhh"-ing over snuggly pics of them in the Photos section :D :D

Awhhh i really do hope soooo:)

I cant help but think no-bun will ever replace my Jem (god i miss her sooooo much, much more than i ever thought it would)

Guess its gonna take time, patience with new bun and more time for her to adjust to a new home and a new bunny and new mummy (me)

Back