• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help bonding 3 females

BobbyC

New Kit
We have 3 female Netherland Dwarf buns, 2 are sisters and already bonded. The two sisters are just over a year old and the other one is just under a year.

We took the single one (Willow) to the vet as she wasn't eating hay and the vet said her teeth were fine and if she had company they might encourage her to eat. None of then are spayed but we are planning on it but we need to save up a bit as its going to cost £250.

I have read other posts about introducing them on neutral ground and what behaviours they may exhibit but we have never introduced rabbits before so are a but nervous of trying.

I would definately recommend getting your buns neutered before making any attempt at bonding them. Bonding 3 unneutered buns could lead you to bills which are in excess of your neutering costs ;)

Whilst bonding same sex can be more tricky than bonding mixed sexed ones it is not impossible, this depends on their characters and how they interact with each other.

If you have a rabbit that is a poor hay eater and is prone to bloat / stasis it is worth looking at their diet to see what you can do to improve this and to increase the fibre in their diet. I am not sure what you are feeding them on but it would be worth considering slowly decreasing the amount of dry pelleted food that you give and seeing if this results in an increased hay intake. Now that there is a plentiful supply of grass this introduced slowly will also increase their fibre intake.

Back