• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Leaving frozen water bottles in with rabbits to cool them?

Liz47

Wise Old Thumper
I have put a frozen water bottle wrapped in a towel in with the buns to cool them down, and although they don't lie against it if I put it in one of their sleeping places they will lie near it/touching it. But I worry about leaving them with them all day if I am not there to check on them, say if I was at school. Are they completely safe to leave in with the rabbits? I worry about chewing? Would/do you leave them in or not? Thankyou :wave:

I have put a frozen water bottle wrapped in a towel in with the buns to cool them down, and although they don't lie against it if I put it in one of their sleeping places they will lie near it/touching it. But I worry about leaving them with them all day if I am not there to check on them, say if I was at school. Are they completely safe to leave in with the rabbits? I worry about chewing? Would/do you leave them in or not? Thankyou :wave:

It depends if your rabbits like to chew really.

I wouldnt leave my buns unsupervised with plastic, you could try those ice pods from pets at home they are £5.99 but I feel like they are safer than home made frozen water bottles:wave:

I trust my buns not to chew on them, neither of them are 'chewers'

Everybun is different though so I think you have to judge it on your own bunnies personalitiesa/habits if that made any sense at all :oops:

Well, Beano chews some things and I haven't known Gordon chew but whenever I've given them a bottle they don't chew it.

som of my bums are chewers but none of them botherd with the bottles, they splayed out along side them! x

Back