• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Future pet plans?

chloemurray

Warren Veteran
Following on from webbkath's thread about knowing your limits, what would you ideally want in terms of future rabbits/pets in general? Wht would your set up be like?

I'd love a group of between 4 and 6 buns living in their own room indoors, and my OH has always wanted a dog so I'll suspect we'll have one or two.:love:

Another bunny, hopefully female, to bond with Sox! :D
Hopefully they will be bonded by christmas, and for Christmas I'll upgrade there set up to playhouse w/ run attached! :D

I'd like to have a pair of rabbits living in their own room indoors and a special needs/single bun living in a rabbit proof room downstairs where I will be around him/her a lot of the time. I'd love any of those to be a giant rabbit :love: Then I'd love to have a lot of rats, probably in my room because I like my two rats in my room now and my frogs in a huge tank in my living room split in two so I can have other fish in one side. I'd have a rabbit proof garden for them to go outside too and not live near a main road for any possible cats, I'd love to have a cat or two. Beano and Gordon outside because that's where they like it unless it's a cold winter I'd bring them indoors to have a room of their own :)

Last edited:
I've got mainly lops and I actually prefer uppy ears lol.
My future plans animal wise would be a puppy :love: but I have no time at the present to dedicate to it so my head is ruling over my heart at the moment.

I've got mainly lops and I actually prefer uppy ears lol.
My future plans animal wise would be a puppy :love: but I have no time at the present to dedicate to it so my head is ruling over my heart at the moment.

I saw on the other thread that you have six children! That's like my dream:love: How old are they all?:D

I'll either stay at 3 rabbits or i'll get ferrets when the current buns pass away. The set up I have now will probably stay the same unless I buy my own place.

I have four hens at the moment and will probably get another when their laying slows down, and another when that ones laying slows down, etc.
The run I have now will probably stay the same unless I buy my own place, but I might need to get a bigger coop as mine only houses 6 comfortably.

I have 4 mice and am get a new one every few months so that I should eventually end up with a steady group of around 6 or 7.
I might change their terrarium for a shorter, longer one without shelves as one of my girlies gets a bit territorial if there are too many different areas.

I have a lonely gerbil at the moment and when she dies I doubt I'll get more - I just don't feel I can offer gerbils enough space.

Hopefully I'll be able to continue fostering dogs from time to time but I don't think I'll have my own for a long time yet.

My plan now is to have the bonding of my three rabbits go successfully, then I'll keep adding to the pen there in now till its a good size for them and add a dog crate with a shelf. Eventually I'd like them to be freerange in my bedroom but because I have cats and dogs I'd still have the big cage for them incase I need to keep the in it or something.

My plans now for my other animals are after the bond for the rabbits I will be revamping Coopers cage and bonding three of my guinea pigs in it and that will be there cage (one pair and one single)

My plans for the future like when I move out into my own house and settle down would be to have about 4rabbits and they would have there own big room to be in, but then I'd love for them to be able to go around most of the house but because I'll also have cats and dogs that won't be possible all the time. I'd love to have a big flemish giant too.

my plans have changed. i used to think that when i retire, i'd have a westie. i was saving that dog up for that special time, been longing for the doggie for years (about 20 years!).

however, since having two bunnies, i've realised i don't want that responsibility.

two more bunnies are on their way. that will be four, and me out of pocket, covered in hair and living in a rabbit hutch perhaps for the next ten years.
of course, i'll love it. i love all four bunnies.

but when nature takes its course, if i find the house empty and me still in it, i'm sticking to big hairy hamsters, the best pets of all!

Looking for a syrian at the moment.
Once my current two hams go I'll probably get a robo.

When I move out I want a rottie or tibbetan mastiff. Actually, both.

I'd like a 3rd bun for a trio but that wouldn't be for a good long while yet!

Looking for a syrian at the moment.
Once my current two hams go I'll probably get a robo.

When I move out I want a rottie or tibbetan mastiff. Actually, both.

I'd like a 3rd bun for a trio but that wouldn't be for a good long while yet!

I'd love another syrian, I miss mine so much!

My boyfriend loves big dogs, he wants a golden retriever:) I'd be worried that I wouldn't be able to control a really big dog like a mastiff.

my plans have changed. i used to think that when i retire, i'd have a westie. i was saving that dog up for that special time, been longing for the doggie for years (about 20 years!).

however, since having two bunnies, i've realised i don't want that responsibility.

two more bunnies are on their way. that will be four, and me out of pocket, covered in hair and living in a rabbit hutch perhaps for the next ten years.
of course, i'll love it. i love all four bunnies.

but when nature takes its course, if i find the house empty and me still in it, i'm sticking to big hairy hamsters, the best pets of all!

Aww I didn't know you were getting two more bunnies! I love westies:love:

I'd love another syrian, I miss mine so much!

My boyfriend loves big dogs, he wants a golden retriever:) I'd be worried that I wouldn't be able to control a really big dog like a mastiff.

I lost my young syrian on Thursday and hating not having a little hyper face. I have a syrian already but he's old and hardly wakes up so even though I have one, I miss them!

Big dogs are the best :love:

I'd love to get a dog, but with both of us working full time it just isn't possible.

I love my bunnies, and would love to have 2 more and make a 4, if I had more space and money.

I think maybe when we move to a bigger house (a few years off yet I'd say) this might be possible :)

i-love-bunnies: aww lovely age range! I have a brother called Liam too:)

Steph182: I'm so sorry about Impy-Bear:( I saw the pictures of her and she was so beautiful but just couldn't think of anything that might comfort you, words aren't ever enough when someone loses a friend. And you're right, big dogs are lovely:love:

Aurora: Dogs are so rewarding, we have four:love:

LilVicky: I've had guinea pigs, and I love how they can talk to you:love: But I've always thought bunnies are more interactive.

I've got 3 guinea-pigs at the moment, 2 rabbits and a cat. I wouldn't change much I don't think, I would love to eventually have a big group of 6 or 8 female guinea-pigs (which my Mum said I can do so I've just got to get a big enough hutch :D ) I don't think I'd get any more rabbits, I like having a pair and I'm happy with one cat too :)

Back