• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding my three males / I HAVE SEPERATED :(

MichelleGsPets

Alpha Buck
I'm bonding my three rabbits. There three males, all got neutered on the 25th of feb. All were kept alone.

Its about three hours in, I started of in a 2X4 c&c cage, then brought it down to a 2X3 and its now on a 2X2.

Theyre has been, legs being pulled, a cut paw on Dexter, hair everywhere, chasing, small bit of mounting in the start, bites, leg stomping etc.

Cooper did groom himself and he keeps lying down so thats a good sign, him and Dexter keep huddling up together.

Marleys the real problem, he keeps fighting with both of them, when ever they move he chases them and then a big fight happens. I considered seperating Marley but I'll leave it a bit longer. He has Dexter so scared, every move marley makes dexter runs.

I really need good vibes..

Last edited:
Ohh, Coopers after stretching out completely, his back legs and all :)

ETA: Marley jumped in the litter box where cooper was and attacked him and made cooper get out :(

Thank you. Marley keeps chasing Cooper where ever he goes, cooper goes in the litter box to lie down - marley gets him out, cooper goes around the cage - marley goes after him. Dexters just huddled up in the corner.

eeek good luck! im in the process of getting ready to bond 3 males! just got the first first one neuterd! 2 more singles to go then then the bond ahh

Thank you. Marley keeps chasing Cooper where ever he goes, cooper goes in the litter box to lie down - marley gets him out, cooper goes around the cage - marley goes after him. Dexters just huddled up in the corner.

If I were you I'd take the litterbox out, sometimes one bunny gets possessive over an object and it causes fights:)

Thanks Chloe, I'll do that now.
When could I introduce it back in, and some new toys to?

I would say after there has been at least 24-48 hours without a scuffle. Also, give everything a good scrub with animal-safe disinfectant or vinegar and water solution so it's all nice and neutral before you give it back:)

Will do :) The toys are all new anyway and the litter tray was too but I'll wipe the litter tray clean again.
Man this is stressful to bond them LOL :p

I bet!:lol:
I'm not looking forward to when I have to do mine!

Hahaha, How long till you can do yours now?

-Theres been some more chasing, little bits of nipping, and Cooper like usual lying down stretched out :p

Also its alright for me to clean the cage out isn't it? With them in it, just tidying up around it later?

Hahaha, How long till you can do yours now?

-Theres been some more chasing, little bits of nipping, and Cooper like usual lying down stretched out :p

Also its alright for me to clean the cage out isn't it? With them in it, just tidying up around it later?

Technically 5 weeks, but that's when all my major exams are so I will probably wait until the beginning of summer to be honest.

And I think so:)

I bonded my two boys recently.
The pen your buns are in should only include hay to eat and nothing else.

You should be with your buns for the next 72 hours

You should introduce something (toy or litter tray) after 72 hours if there is no chasing, humping, nipping, fighting.

If something happens in that 72 hours which has already happened for example chasing and humping you should automatically add another 72 hours on to bonding them.

Its great your buns are flopping out next to each other and cleaning them selves that means they feel safe enough to do it, these are positive signs :)

I would not clean the pen just yet your going to be interrupting the bond process.

You can sweep up outside it but not in it yet

Only clean the inside when they are doing fine and relaxed I cleaned mine out after four days, as they started calming and relaxing more.

After the next 72 hours (approx 3 days) if there is no humping,scuffle,nipping etc. Increase the space abit by a foot approx.
If an event does take place then add on another 72 hours.

:wave:

Back