• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What would you do?

happysaz133

Wise Old Thumper
My friend has 2 bunnies (male/female, seperate hutches). She has been saving for a while to have them spayed/neutered, then bonded into a wendyhouse and run. However living in the Highlands of Nowhere, finding work is not easy, and she has now found a live in job, its the only option. She has been allowed to take her ferrets, but her rabbits are not allowed, so she was worried she would have to rehome them.

I opened my big mouth, and said I would have them (if it came to the point where she was going to rehome them), until the Autumn/Winter when the work is over. It's not really going to make much difference, she will provide everything they need, and I have plenty space for them outside (as they currently live). Plus, I love having and caring for bunnies.

Only problem is, their current accommodation is really not suitable. They have a small double hutch (one top one bottom), I don't know the exact size, but its definitely no bigger than 4ft. I know she has to work to be able to afford the new shed, but I'm not sure I can deal with having 2 rabbits here in cramped conditions, next to my two in their huge shed :(

Could you offer to buy something bigger, for your friend to pay you back? If she is already saving, could you afford the difference to pay until she can?

my bunkins stay indoors because next door have a horrible dog.:evil:

my mum's garden is gorgeous, huge, tidy, wonderful... and a fox lives just over the wall and makes her way home across mum's lawn - so no bunny running there! :evil:

Back