• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Phone Messages

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
I expect all rescues have had much the same
Messages on my phone from yesterday

Hello Can we come and choose a bunny today please as I've promised one to my 5 year old son

Hello can you ring me to let me know when we can come over and buy a rabbit or two..my 6 year old daughter is so excited..we'd like to get it today

Hi what are your opening times as we've promised the children a rabbit and need to get it sorted today or tomorrow..please ring back

Hi..Mum here I'm off to the seaside tomorrow with Andrew so will catch you Sunday

Hello..hello? is that the rabbit place..I have 2 rabbits I have to get rid of by Monday

Guess which was the only one that A) made me smile and B) I will contact :lol:

if all those people with children still want a rabbit next week..then maybe I'll speak with them..but something tells me Easter is having an effect:(

We got the true Easter Bunnies at ours. A mum and daughter have been working with us since February to get the right accommodation and to adopt from us and by coincidence the appointment to choose their rabbits was today, and they chose our longest stayers and adopted them today. No impulse buying, all planned, and a really, lovely home.

Shame not everyone has a brain in their head about rabbits.

Good for you Sky O ..people who ring the day before Easter and want a rabbit for their young children " NOW " I'm afraid don't get taken seriously by me..if they really want to rescue one they'll ring back next week and as we haven't any cute baby /easy to cuddle bunnies at the moment I doubt they would have been interested even if we let them come and "buy" that day

Last edited:
For sure. Those people show they are not worth the rabbits they are interested in. Unless they can prove otherwise, no point wasting your time.

Thank goodness your bunnies (and all those in other decent rescues) have you (and other rescue runners) to advocate for them.

I do hope they don't get rabbits from somewhere else and you end up clearing up the mess in a few weeks when the kids are bored. :(

I don't know how you manage with all them :( Hopefully they'll be more sensible people out there tomorrow. I told my friend I got Beano a year ago tomorrow and she said 'oh, you got her for Easter? I was thinking of getting a rabbit too!' I did not get Beano for Easter, it wasn't Easter tomorrow a year ago. Why do people think getting a pet for an occasion is acceptable? :(

I was preparing for Spenser's arrival last Easter ... but I'd been campaigning for a rabbit since the previous August! :lol: I had the hutch-in-waiting by Easter, but despite encouragemnt from family and friends there was no way I was going to go out and buy a baby rabbit.

I wonder where the brain malfunction lies between 'let's get a rescue rabbit instead of a pet shop rabbit' and 'let's get the kids a rabbit for easter'? Do you get the impression that people are misguided, or is it that they think a rescue rabbit will be cheaper as they are doing you a favour after all...

We got the true Easter Bunnies at ours. A mum and daughter have been working with us since February to get the right accommodation and to adopt from us and by coincidence the appointment to choose their rabbits was today, and they chose our longest stayers and adopted them today. No impulse buying, all planned, and a really, lovely home.

Shame not everyone has a brain in their head about rabbits.

That's great news :D :D

Sorry about what you're dealing with though Jill. I don't know how you keep so calm...I would have punched someone by now...hope some genuine homes come along soon.

Probably best they were phone messages and didn't speak to them in person! Starfish is my Easter bunny this year but she was definitely planned. I don't know how you manage to deal with the great British public. I reckon I'd find it hard to even be civil!:evil:

There was lots of people looking at buying a shoe-box hutch from the range yesterday most likely to fill with their 'Easter bunnies'

It's sad. I feel awful for some buns, knowing they'll go to a sad home. An Ex's sister had a bun (this was years ago) and it just used to sit in the hutch, on her own, bored. Broke my heart and I didn't know then what I do now.
Jenson was slightly impulse, as we went to get all the stuff so we were ready but then fell in love and I couldn't walk away. That said, we had been waiting for months I just didn't plan on getting one that day!

I wish that people would buy their kids soft toy ones instead like I had when I was little.

It must be frustrating to say the least..... :(

It's daft really but I felt quite guilty 'cos I ended up bringing Hollie (with her newly bonded husbun' Jack!!) home on Easter Sunday last year! :oops:

Plans had been in action since the December before and it was just how things turned out but I still felt sort of guilty!! I remember telling everyone at work and then waffling on about how they weren't Easter bunnies even though every one knew anyway 'cos had been talking non-stop about them for ages! :lol: xx

Anyway; just wanted to send my sympathies to you - feel for all the rescues this time of year. Such craziness. :(

Back