• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh Dear - Discharge. UD

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I went to check up on Lucky and Jack and Lucky had yellow discharge around his nose, I think it must be because of the small bits of hay.
It might be dirty snot that's just cleaning it self out.
If it happens again I'll phone the vets
I'm going to clean it now

Last edited:
It could be snuffles so keep a close eye on him, help clean his nose with boiled water and salt, make sure its lovely a cool before trying to help.

Keep an eye on Jack too.

If its snuffles you need to get to the vets asap, the quicker its treated the better.

It could also be teeth problems, recently a RU bunny had nose discharge but was otherwise fine and it turned out to be his teeth which because it was spotted early he got it sorted. Keep a close eye on him and any more best take him to the vets as soon as so it doesn't get worse.

If I was you, I would clean the nose but keep the discharge in the tissue and give it your vet to check what it is. Maybe they can tell from that whether its snuffles or not. Worth checking.

What causes snuffles?

Jack sneezed after he ate hay, it's probably the hay causing it
I'll spray the hay with water to dampen the dust

Luckys nose isn't wet again after I cleaned it

I'll definitely keep an eye on them

Do you shake out the hay before giving it to them? That would get rid of any dust before giving it to the rabbits. Also is they hay very dusty? It should be sweet smelling and not dusty.

Do you shake out the hay before giving it to them? That would get rid of any dust before giving it to the rabbits. Also is they hay very dusty? It should be sweet smelling and not dusty.

I don't shake it before giving it to them, its sweet smelling.
I stuck my nose in it and didn't sneeze.
I'll dampen it down and shake it next time.
:wave:

Back