• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay Containment ideas?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
It's EVERYWHERE! I have to sweep the kitchen and living room at least twice a day! I just put it in their toilets, one in their cage and one in the sitting room, and they manage to get it everywhere.

Any tips?

I have a small plastic shed with double doors at the back of the main shed.I have called it the Glory Hole as it contains my plastic bottomed bonding cage, megazorb,bedding for the ferrets and the bale of hay which is in a duvet cover!!

Nope, sorry, hay is uncontainable, especially if you have fluffy bunnies *looks at Smudge*

Is that inside the house? Just when you say, 'small plastic shed'

Its about half the size of a wendy house....Argos do similar.
Its in the garden, but I found my O/H shed difficult to move in cos of the tools, old parrot cage etc etc, so I got my own.

That is exactly the reason my buns have now moved into a shed outside... The hay, megazorb and poops all over the floor were driving me insane!

There is no way to keep hay contained, trust me... I've tried it!

My bunny has got his hay rack in his cage and has this rack in his pen (which I have attached to the side of the pen with a cable tie to stop him knocking it over!)

He's pretty good and not making TOO much of a mess and just pulling out what he wants to eat. Depends how messy yours is in general!! Mine isn't a massive hay eater most of the time so that probably keeps the mess down.

Buy a hay rack fit it in,
Under it place a tray under it,
The buns can eat hay and if it falls out it'll fall in the tray.

Back