• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What is it about bunnies......

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
..... that makes them such magical, charming little creatures? I love my dog to pieces - he's 15 and like my wee furry son, the piggies are very dear, comicle little ladies, the hamster's just plain cute! but the bunnies - they're different - there is something extremely special about rabbits I just can't put my finger on. What is it???!!! :?

I think it's just, well, their 'rabbityness.' :love:

Have I spelt that correctly? Maybe it should be 'rabbitiness.' :?:lol:

I think it's just, well, their 'rabbityness.' :love:

Have I spelt that correctly? Maybe it should be 'rabbitiness.' :?:lol:

YOU'RE asking MY advice on spellilngs!!!!???? :shock: :lol:

There's something peaceful about them, but then the binkying is so joyful. I wish I could put words to it. Maybe 'rabbityness is the best way to describe it. Only a rabbit lover would understand that though! :)

YOU'RE asking MY advice on spellilngs!!!!???? :shock: :lol:

There's something peaceful about them, but then the binkying is so joyful. I wish I could put words to it. Maybe 'rabbityness is the best way to describe it. Only a rabbit lover would understand that though! :)

I was quite impressed you got correlation correct on another thread this morning. :thumb:

.... and another thing/observation - my mum took ages - over a year to see the point or the attraction to the bunnies - and she's an animal lover. It was only when I went away for a couple of days and she had to come spend time with them that she began to feel affection for them. Now I think secretly she feels it too, she still hates that I'm so tied down to them tho, so would never admit it. I have caught her looking lovingly at them and giving Benson a stroke.

They're not the easiest creatures in the world to get close to, but when you do...... how do you describe it?? SOMEBODY DESCRIBE IT!!

.... and another thing/observation - my mum took ages - over a year to see the point or the attraction to the bunnies - and she's an animal lover. It was only when I went away for a couple of days and she had to come spend time with them that she began to feel affection for them. Now I think secretly she feels it too, she still hates that I'm so tied down to them tho, so would never admit it. I have caught her looking lovingly at them and giving Benson a stroke.

They're not the easiest creatures in the world to get close to, but when you do...... how do you describe it?? SOMEBODY DESCRIBE IT!!

You what? You went aways for a couple of days and left them? Now, as if I would ever think aof doing a thing like that... ;)

You what? You went aways for a couple of days and left them? Now, as if I would ever think aof doing a thing like that... ;)

It was last year - and I did no good till I got home to them. I'm not very good company when I'm away from my bunnies!! :oops:

I think its because you get a more personal bond with them, with many other animals once they are friendly they are friendly to everyone, but rabbits always seem to react differently to their owner to anyone else.

For instance Barney is very friendly with most people, but will occasionally bite (strange men mainly) and wont settle with them, but I can cuddle him for hours and he just laps up the attention. If I pick him up, he goes limp like a doll, but if anyone else does he goes mental.

Oh and I think a very large part of it is their twitchy noses, theyre just so cute and funny.

I think its because you get a more personal bond with them, with many other animals once they are friendly they are friendly to everyone, but rabbits always seem to react differently to their owner to anyone else.

For instance Barney is very friendly with most people, but will occasionally bite (strange men mainly) and wont settle with them, but I can cuddle him for hours and he just laps up the attention. If I pick him up, he goes limp like a doll, but if anyone else does he goes mental.

Oh and I think a very large part of it is their twitchy noses, theyre just so cute and funny.

Oh I wish mine would enjoy a cuddle - you're very lucky!! There could be something in the twitchy nose theory!!

I think rabbits are less dependent on having humans around than dogs but less independent than cats and I think that strikes a lovely balance. :thumb:

Although having said this I never had either a cat or a dog so I don't really know. :oops:

I don't know what it is but I love it, of course I adore my rats, guinea pigs and frogs but there is something special about the buns :love: But it would seem some others can't feel that, those who think that rabbits are just simple pets to put in a hutch. Now I know how special they are I wouldn't be without them :love:

Back