• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rescue bunnies in The Sun newspaper today

FriskyClover

Warren Veteran
Not sure if anyone has already posted about this but in The Sun today they have a feature on rescue bunnies.

It's not bad but it doesn't really say much about rabbit rescues or the rabbits are really quite difficult pets to care for. However, it does say for many of the rabbits featured that they need to be kept with another rabbit or stay together:).

That's great! :) Hopefully it will show people that rabbit rescues exist. It's good that they showed some babies as that'll probably what people want but think there are only older buns in rescues...

Ive just been reading the newspaper and saw the bunnies, they are from fatfluffs and blue cross bunnies.

Just hope they arnt taken on because its easter and someones child likes them, they do need to explain the cost and implications of taking care of them.

I have commented on it - with some, what I think is obvious info (and I really hope correct!), but some people don't know the most basic things about them.

I'm trying to sign up as a member so if anyone has anything they want me to copy and paste i'll do it for them :)

What I can't understand is that is comments have to be verified why would they allow someone to post something about cooking the poor bunnies. I know freedom of speech but still it's just unnecessary.

That's probably a discussion for another thread though.

I think it's great that they are promoting rescues. I had a lady from a recruitment company call me at work the other day to chat about getting a rabbit for her 5 year old as she wanted a low maintenance pet :roll: I told her they aren't low maintenance, they need to be kept in pairs, you have to have at least a 6ft hutch and run and that she should go to a rescue. I don't think she believed me though and I still think she is going to buy one from a pet shop.

I think we need more press coverage on rescuing and rabbit care. It's great to see this and whilst it might not be perfect it's a step in the right direction.

Back