• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I was worried about Louie yesterday

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
He just didn't seem to follow his usual sleep/awake/playing routine yesterday. He slept for much longer during the course of the day.

He normally has his breakfast and then will go outside for a bit come back in and run around, eat some more then have about an hours nap mid morning. He then becomes lively again around 12ish with an afternoon nap around 3ish for an hour or so.

Yesterday though everytime I looked at him he was asleep. He has eaten normally so I'm wondering if it was just that bit too hot for him yesterday?

Anyone else find their rabbits behave differently when it's hot?

Although I've only had Lady a short while I know she is usually more 'boing-y' in the day, but while it's been hot she's zonked out instead, but she's eating and drinking between snoozes.

The Boys are always dozy :roll: :lol:

I have to admit I would rather sleep through this hot weather too!

Phew, glad it's not just Louie then!

He has eaten his breakfast this morning and is now dozing in the doorway :roll:

Mine seem to be very active in the early morning and do as much eating as they can,then sleep for the rest of the day until it starts to cool down then back to eating again.I think this hot weather affects all animals.My poor old spaniel had the runs yesterday,I take them for a walk by the river in this hot weather so they can cool down but there were so many people there on Thursday we had to wait until we go home and she sat in her paddling pool for half an hour.The heat must have got to her thats why she had a poorly tum yesterday.
I feel desperately sorry for the rabbits that cant get away from this heat :cry::cry:
I hope Louie feels more lively when it starts to cool down xxxx

Mine seem to be very active in the early morning and do as much eating as they can,then sleep for the rest of the day until it starts to cool down then back to eating again.I think this hot weather affects all animals.My poor old spaniel had the runs yesterday,I take them for a walk by the river in this hot weather so they can cool down but there were so many people there on Thursday we had to wait until we go home and she sat in her paddling pool for half an hour.The heat must have got to her thats why she had a poorly tum yesterday.
I feel desperately sorry for the rabbits that cant get away from this heat :cry::cry:
I hope Louie feels more lively when it starts to cool down xxxx

Awww hope she is feeling better today.

Silly thing is, Louie could have gone into the hallway or the back room, both of which were cool, or even outside as the door was open, but instead he chose to sleep in the conservatory which was boiling :?

yes, matthew was flopped out fast asleep and didn't wake when i went up to him. he was breathing, just in a very deep sleep, probably due the warm weather.

i'm going to put their slates in today when i clean them out.

Me and Louie just went out to hang the washing out :D (Well, I hung the washing out, Louie did little binkies and ate the grass!).

I think it must have been the heat, it's nice and cool outside atm :D

Some animals are so silly,Tess lies out in the boiling sun and I have to call her in,really doesnt help her allergies :roll::roll::roll::roll:
Im glad Louie is feeling better xxxx

Mine behave differently in the heat, mind you I suppose I would if it was a million degrees and I had a fur coat on :lol: :lol: :lol:

There are occational times when Lola (never Benson unless he's sick), seems to just feel like hangin out in the run/shed. She eats, accepts treats looks otherwise grand, but just doesn't want to come out. I haven't noticed any correlation with weather, possibly with the time of day in these longer evenings. She's not keen on 6/7 o'clock but at 10.00 or 11? Watch her go!!!

She just likes to colour in or read her fairystories sometimes!! :lol:

There are occational times when Lola (never Benson unless he's sick), seems to just feel like hangin out in the run/shed. She eats, accepts treats looks otherwise grand, but just doesn't want to come out. I haven't noticed any correlation with weather, possibly with the time of day in these longer evenings. She's not keen on 6/7 o'clock but at 10.00 or 11? Watch her go!!!

She just likes to colour in or read her fairystories sometimes!! :lol:

Spenser is nearly always sleepy during the day. :lol:

Spenser is nearly always sleepy during the day. :lol:

If I could let mine out about 5 in the morning - that's when they would be at their liveliest! However, as much as I love my bunnies ..... They are still lively enough around 7/7.30 tho. They get out again around 5/5.30 and run about for about 20 or so mins but take back to their shed and only come out to see if I'm coming with their dinner. Then at lock in/supper time about 10/10.30 - it's binky city!!!

Back