• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water intake?

Really!?! mine have a either a large dog bowl or 1 litre bottles and they don't last too long I'd say 500ml per day per bun

a 500ml bottle between my two (when there's no bowl) isn't drained at the end of a day. I can leave it overnight and there's still be enough left for another days worth

See, now I am going on Frankie and Belle who have a 1 litre water bottle each. and there would be a little water at the end of day two, probabely enough to last over night to day 3, but I don't like it getting that low.

I suppose If I think of Granite, he is a single bun and his water bottle doesn't go down as quickly, I would estimate definately less than 200ml

Where as Arthur would go through a dog bowl(approx 1 ltr, if a bit more) in a 24-36 hour peroid, but he is a large bunny.

Personally, if they always have the option of clean fresh water I wouldn't worry too much, just know what is normal for your bunny.

I depends on diet. A bun on a mostly dry diet (hay/pellets) might drink twice what a bun on grass/veg drinks.

mine drink very little, but have had more the last couple of days with the hot weather.

they have quite a lot of veg - twice a day but plenty of it.

I have two small bunnies. Netherland Dwarf and a Mini Lop. The mini lop gets through around 500ml a day and the nethi gets through around 100/200ml a day. I have to refil their bottle each day but I am starting to leave two water bowls out aswell due to the hot hot weather.

My rabbits eat ALOT of hay now but they also gets red grapes or something treat wise probably once per day/every other. I think they drink a lot but better they drink a lot and are happy/healthy then drink not very much I guess :)

Back