• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

bonding dilemmas

lottielouise

Wise Old Thumper
Babies need seperating from mum soon, and in the current situation I know I am not going to cope, due to lack of space.

I currently have 1 pair and 4 singles :roll: I think I have some bonding to do! :?

By this time mum should be able to go back with dad ( dad was neutered a week after the babies were born)

Could I then do a big bond with of Isla, Arthur, Frankie and Belle, or would that be too much for Isla ( who will be back to her hormonal self)?

or I could do Belle with Frankie, Granite, Sophie and Arthur, but then I am concerned about Sophie's bullying ways?

Grrrr!!

I currently have 1 pair and 4 singles

By this time mum should be able to go back with dad ( dad was neutered a week after the babies were born)

Could I then do a big bond with of Isla, Arthur, Frankie and Belle, or would that be too much for Isla ( who will be back to her hormonal self)?

or I could do Belle with Frankie, Granite, Sophie and Arthur, but then I am concerned about Sophie's bullying ways?

Can you give a bit of information about your buns? From the above info, you have Frankie, Granite, Sophie, Arthur, Isla and Belle.

Who is the mum and dad? I woule assume that Dad is the only one who is neutered. My suggestion would be to get mum done first before bonding mum and dad back together.

If you bond mum and dad together that would mean that the other 4 are the babies who are currently together or are these totally different buns?

Original bunnies
Granite- Medium cross bun. quiet and mild mannered, recently prone to bullying from long term partner Sophie. Neutered, currently single

Sophie - Medium cross bun. Bossy, and dominant. Tag teams with belle to cause havoc. Neutered currently single

Belle - Medium cross bun. mild mannered when in a pair with Frankie, but see above. Neutered, paired with Frankie

Frankie - Small, nethie cross. dominant over Belle, but in a group is often a low ranking bun, who is often bullied. He is prone to front teeth problems. Neutered, paired with Belle

Arthur - softie, was dominant over Isla ( but wonder now if he was just doing what comes naturally), never had him in a group. Neutered, 4 weeks ago, currently single. This is Dad.

Isla - Medium cross bun. Currently un neutered. Mum to 6x 5 week old kits. In a group was bullied by Sophie and Belle ( think it was more to do with hormones, ) happy as a pair with Arthur.

Plus the 6 new additions ( who I am hoping can be adopted sooner rather than later)

Accomodation available :-

14ftx6ft kennel - currently split into 6ftx4ft shed ( mum and kits)
10ftx6ft run (Frankie and Belle)

6ftx7ft shed - Arthur

5ftx2ft - hutch level 1 Sophie
level 2 Granite.

Plus 2 runs and garden, split into two.

NOTE:
I know this isn't the most idea set up and situation, however things keep going wrong, I.E. group breaking down, and having babies everywhere. It really feels like its getting out of control now :( esp with the babies growing at such a fast rate.
I try to get everyone out of accomodation daily, esp Sophie and Granite, and let mum get some time away from the babies.

Last edited:
As temporary whilst you get around to bonding

4 x 6 foot kennel - Frankie and Belle
10ftx6ft run Granite and Sophie run split in 2 to accomodate them as singles

6ftx7ft shed - Arthur and Mum

5ftx2ft - hutch level 1 Boy babies
level 2 Girl babies

I would then look at bonding either into 3's of to make a four and a two.

Have you looked at why Sophie and Granite have fallen out, was it referred aggression?

If you are going for a foursome I would intitially try the neutered four and see what happens and bond mum and Arthur together. If the four does not work and you have a single left over try and pop them in with mum and Arthur

Thank you So much, I think it is much easier for other people to 'see' these things, rather than me I don't know whay but I always end up with someone homeless.

Back