• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Citronella

BinkyBun

Wise Old Thumper
I want to get some citronella spray to use over the windows and nets to deter flies. I'm finding it hard to find the right thing (loads for anti-dog barking I'm not sure about). Can anyone recommend one that use please?

I've just been using pure essential oil, like this one:

http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pa...a Pure Essential Oil - MTE-_-[citronella oil]

Then I put a few drops of that and a few drops of lavender oil in to a plant misting spray thingy with some water then spray.

Although lately I have been putting it neat on to cotton wool that I have tied round the kennel - someone else had suggested that and I thought it was a good idea. :)

This is what I do make sure it is well out of the reach of the buns, other animals and kids

I knew there was something I needed to get in holland and barrarat yesterday. :roll:

I saw some citronella candles in The Range the other day. Blimey they stink.

I knew there was something I needed to get in holland and barrarat yesterday. :roll:

I saw some citronella candles in The Range the other day. Blimey they stink.

Yeah I'm not keen on burning the candles indoors just want something to spray round the windows to deter the flies.

Back