• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Pleasantly surprised by garden centre pet shop...

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Went into my local garden centre pet shop with one of my little cousins today to buy some meadow hay and scouted around all the buns checking them all on the hot day.... Saw one with a VERY messy bottom, poo stuck all round it, so went up to one of the staff and said:

"Are you doing anything about the rabbit with the very messy bottom?"

And he said... :shock::shock::shock:

"Yes we are focusing on feeding her just hay and fewer pellets, applying rearguard, putting probiotic in her water, cleaning her bottom every couple of hours as well as checking her for flystrike regularly. I am afraid she will not be for sale until she is better, and if you are interested in purchasing her for your daughter (was referring to my little cousin,) as with all rabbits here we would have to give you a thorough education about how to care for them and what they need,"

:shock::shock::shock:

I told him I was impressed!

That's great :D How about 'naming and praising' the garden centre? :lol: I'd much rather buy from a shop that responsibly rehomes their animals

Yarnton Garden Centre in Yarnton Oxfordshire. They've had good reviews before... Michelleox knows someone who works there who keeps an eye on the bunnies. This was a bloke, he said "I work here 7 days a week and look after the rabbits, they are my primary concern and I give people my phone number to call for advice if they get a rabbit and find they can't look after it properly..."

Yarnton Garden Centre in Yarnton Oxfordshire. They've had good reviews before... Michelleox knows someone who works there who keeps an eye on the bunnies. This was a bloke, he said "I work here 7 days a week and look after the rabbits, they are my primary concern and I give people my phone number to call for advice if they get a rabbit and find they can't look after it properly..."

I'm from near there :D My cousin used to work there :D

Its great they have started improving things. I was always having to tell them to fill the water bottles up before :roll:

Back