• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

12 hr shifts.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Does anybody do them?? What do you do with your bunnies????
I do 3 a week.....I feel so guilty.:(:cry:

I go away for 3 nights at a time... Bunnys don't notice!
(obviously my mam keeps an eye on them, I wouldn't leave them entirely alone for that long)

I used to do them, about 3 or 4 a week usually. It wasn't an issue as my mum's around to keep an eye on them during the day though.

Ive only just started to do them.Today they stayed in.It was alwful.Ive let them out for an hour or so.
What can I do?? Theres nobun in, and I cant leave them out for neighbour to bunsit.....

What's the issue - is it the exercise, or the fact that there's no one to check they're ok?

If it's the exercise is there a way you could safely extend their setup? (Don't know what yours is like so not sure if this is plausible, sorry)

I leave mine for 10 hours while I'm at work. But when I'm at home, they sleep all day anyway, then come alive int he evening. so it doesn't worry me too much. :)

I do 12 and half hour shifts and it's half hour each way to work so I'm gone for 13.5 hours at a time..

I can do up to 5 a week depending how much overtime I'm doing on top of my placement.

They have everything they need.

Free roam of the house
Breakfast before I go
Access to the entire supply of hay
Fresh water
and veggies when I get home.

and most important they have eachother, I'm just the woman who brings the food.

They have loads of cuddles when I'm home though :) and on my days off they are constantly fussed over.

:wave:

I do 12 and half hour shifts and it's half hour each way to work so I'm gone for 13.5 hours at a time..

I can do up to 5 a week depending how much overtime I'm doing on top of my placement.

They have everything they need.

Free roam of the house
Breakfast before I go
Access to the entire supply of hay
Fresh water
and veggies when I get home.

and most important they have eachother, I'm just the woman who brings the food.

They have loads of cuddles when I'm home though :) and on my days off they are constantly fussed over.

:wave:

The only thing they dont get is the run as its not attached to the hutch...not to mention they mainly get free range.
I have got thoughts about putting mesh on the underside of the run and putting my 4ft 2 tier EMERGENCY hutch in the run (its 8 ft) for shelter.
Would they not catch their paws?? I would like to keep the run on the move so to speak as there would be fresh grass to eat all overthe garden that way.

Back