• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Exact breed??

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
If mum is a mini lop and dad is a normal lop, is the baby and mini lop x lop??

i no its a harliqun/magpie colouring but not sure on the breed!

I would say mini-lop cross, and leave it at that. And yes, she's a beautiful little Magpie.

If the bun is one breed of bun crossed with another breed of bun, then by definition, it's not a breed! I would just say that the bun is a mini lop cross...but you could just as easily say that it's a dwarf lop cross.

I would say mini-lop cross, and leave it at that. And yes, she's a beautiful little Magpie.

aww yhh mini lop cross is easier to say

ha 'she' looks like 2 rabbits! 1 side she has light grey and white strips, but take a pic from the other side and its back and grey ha!

That's still magpie. It becomes harlequin when there are three colours, i.e. with brown too. :)

There is no such thing as a 'normal lop', there's the mini, dwarf, english, french, german and cashmere lop. I'd just call the babies lop crosses, if you call them mini lops then people will expect them to stay very small which may not be the case

That's still magpie. It becomes harlequin when there are three colours, i.e. with brown too. :)

its grey, white and black, is that still magpie, does it have to have brown to be harliguin, not seen any brown yet, but who knows ha its eyes keep going from brown to blue ha

There is no such thing as a 'normal lop', there's the mini, dwarf, english, french, german and cashmere lop. I'd just call the babies lop crosses, if you call them mini lops then people will expect them to stay very small which may not be the case

ooo and yh the dads defo not a mini, not sure what he is lol

its grey, white and black, is that still magpie, does it have to have brown to be harliguin, not seen any brown yet, but who knows ha its eyes keep going from brown to blue ha

Harlequins will be either black and orange, chocolate and orange, blue and fawn or lilac and fawn coloured

Magpie's will be either black, chocolate, blue or lilac with white, although the grey colour you see is probably just lightly dispersed black hairs

Back