• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Would you feed this hay?

newbabybuns

Warren Veteran
I bought 3 bags of local hay earlier as it's pretty much the only one Lola will eat now :roll:

While I was filling up my new Hay bag from THE I stuck a big handful in for my hay monster Frankie who will demolish all types of hay. All she's really done with it is madly sniff at it, and chin it, and then go and chin other things near it. She's nibbled a couple of bits, but seems more interested in the smell. Going back to chin it again later.

Now something must have been on it for her to act like that. I can't smell anything on it and couldn't when filling up my bag. In the past I had a bag (from elsewhere) that smelt like a cat had sprayed it so stuck the whole lot in the green bin.

Would you feed this hay or should I bin this lot aswell?

Maybe she can smell wild rabbits on it? Have you tried giving her some from another part of the bag/bale?

I guess it must be wildies as it's undetectable to me. Is it ok do you think? They are all fully vacc'd.

Yeah I tried another bit aswell, she ate some of that, but still went crazy sniffing it, and then back to the original bit again.

As long as she is eating her normal amount of hay, it should be fine. After all, all hay fields have wild buns in them:)

Back