• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

North Somerset - buzzards once more

RosRWAF

Warren Scout
I'm really NOT having a pop at our native wildlife, but raising awareness among owners of small animals that they do need to be vigilant where pets are outdoors and predators may be about

This today from another of our members

The b****y things are in North Somerset too. Last year I found one sitting on the outdoor run having a glaring match with Dill ! Thankfully our runs are fully meshed on top !

Ross
And this from Anne Mitchell, our RWAF Treasurer, recipient of Helpline calls and poster of First Alerts (the messages I've been posting)

Only this week the help line took a call from a rabbit owner in Northern Ireland racked with guilt after losing one of a bonded pair- decapitated by what could be a pine marten and the second bunny was blinded and had to be put to sleep. Its not just Mr Fox that rabbit owners should worry about.

I saw a Red Kite fly over my garden the other week, and I'm in central St Albans. One of them I'm sure could consider a bun in a garden. Thankfully I never leave mine free ranging unattended!

Back