• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I feel so silly!

lousilverfox

Mama Doe
Took Milly to the vets tonight

Shes been losing some hair on the back of her ears and ive noticed her scratching them a little, thought that it could possibly be mites...

Well vet looked at me like i was daft and explaned that she only moulting and that she does not have mites or any kind of skin problem and he started laughing :shock:

he never even charged me for the consultation!

Free trip to the vets :D

Really nice vet. The more they do that the more they will encourage people to bring animals along before they're seriously ill.

My vet often waives the charge if it's an exam./check-up only (eg for the tortoises). It's always better safe than sorry :wave:

I once took Poppy in cos I was convinced she had some horrendous abnormality near her ummm....lady parts and it turned out they were just glands that rabbits are meant to have :roll: Soooooo embarrassed :lol:

I ring my vet up with all sorts of queries.Hes always willing to answer and I get discount.One freebie so far!!!
He knows Im a worry guts but he also knows that I would bend over backwards for ALL of my animals.......

Same happened to me today

Benji had a white discharge from his eye y'day evening but in the morning he was fine and by the time of my appointment at 5.30 p.m. she said Benji was a very healthy bunny with no signs of any problems at the moment

So I just got charged for the Myxi vaccine he had even though she gave him a very thorough examination

I like my vets!

Back