• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Side of Rescue Work

honeybunny

Wise Old Thumper
Have been out for two hours cleaning up a bunnies bottom:shock:
Part of rescue work for us is helping people with their rabbits and piggies, giving advice on diet and care and lending a hand when needed

A lovely man rang me as he was worried about his bunny, got our number from a workmate who adopted from us last year

He apologised for the state of his rabbit and said "please we need some advice"
He rescued the bun from a neighbour who was neglecting it by leaving it out all day and night in a chicken wire runwhich was very small and shewas sharing this run with a pet rat :shock::evil:they were left out in this with no protection or hidey space for four days while the onwers went away :cry:.. and was threatening to neck the poor thing when they came back...
the bun is a beautiful lionhead rew who looks just like ex Honeybunny Lily:love:
She is overweight and had a very messy and sore botty...so two hours later, her botty is much cleaner..matts from bum. back and neck removed, nails trimmed and her sore bits covered with Sudocrem .
Advice on changing her diet given to help her sticky bum and her weight, showed the man how to clean her and am going back in two weeks to check up on her.
An example of people who really want to do their best for a rabbit they saved and just needed some guidance..made me happy to help them:D

Last edited:
Sounds like this gave you a boost helping somebody to keep a bunny rather than having to deal with somebody who is only interested in offloading a bunny, its lovely when people want to do their best for an animal, I bet the bunny feels much more comfortable and happy now well done

What a fab insight. You do some fantastic work and I'm glad people want to do the best for these little things x

She must feel better as her poor lady bits were very sore:cry:
She is lucky though as her owners really do care..they also asked about neutering and maybe bonding her..but one step at a time

Hopefully he'll keep you updated on her progress even after her bum clears up, who knows maybe she'll get a honeybunny for a husbun :) its great he found you and can get the little buns life on track.

That bought tears to my eyes,happy ones.It really lifts my heart to read that there are some lovely caring people out there :love::love::love::love:

That's great :D That was lovely of you to help and educate the new owners, bet the bun's feeling much, much better :D

With a pet rat outside all night:shock: Do you know what happened to the rat? :(

How lovely that the man actually asked for advice and you found the time to help him and his rabbit. That small gesture has made a huge difference both to the owner and the rabbit. :)

The sound advice given by rescues is of course a long term investment. It can make the difference between an animal coming into a rescue or staying with a better educated owner.

Very satisfying for you too. :)

Kinda makes it all worthwhile doesn't it. Jill. He obviously 'gets it' and knew that the bunny needed more. I love it when people ask for help and genuinely want to learn.

Great day for that rabbit and hopefully a firm friendship made with Honeybunnies for the future.:D

Back