PDA

View Full Version : What is the highest you have seen a bunny jump ?

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 04:39 PM
I see many pics on RU and bunnies are on desks, bookcases, sofas, beds etc.

What is the highest object your bunny has got onto ?

All pics welcome.

None of my bunnies get onto furniture. I wonder why ? The highest I have seen is Cutie-pie jump out of the top of the hutch.

*lily*
21-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Nothing, Louie doesn't know they are there :(

He does big binkies though :D

Elena
21-04-2011, 04:40 PM
Mini's jumped 75cm up to something once.

(Something with food in typically.)

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Nothing, Louie doesn't know they are there :(

He does big binkies though :D

Do you ever put Louie on the sofa or bed or is it too dangerous for him ?

GrahamL
21-04-2011, 04:51 PM
Biccy's done just over 3.5feet.

Thats ~106cm.

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 04:53 PM
Biccy's done just over 3.5feet.

Thats ~106cm.

That is high. Do they every jump onto your furniture or happy on the floor ?

B3rnie69
21-04-2011, 04:53 PM
My Ella has jumped 3ft a few times :lol:

helennnnnn
21-04-2011, 04:54 PM
My bun gets onto the coffee table, the sofas, the massive foot stool (same height as sofas), and the beds. When he was younger he used to get stuck if he jumped up onto something as he was too scared to jump down again :lol: he's up and down like a yo yo now though! He also jumps over the sides of his pen (indoors) so we had to put a net over the top when we're not in the room!

Nothing is particularly high, but I've seen him jump a lot higher whilst running around the room! There's just not any really high surfaces for him to jump onto to take good photos!

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/helen_hopscotch/d0d1c84d.jpg

GrahamL
21-04-2011, 04:55 PM
That is high. Do they every jump onto your furniture or happy on the floor ?

Yes, Biccy gets up onto the sofa every night, Ginger's not quite so good, she doesnt have great back end strength, so thats why.

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 04:59 PM
Yes, Biccy gets up onto the sofa every night, Ginger's not quite so good, she doesnt have great back end strength, so thats why.

That really lovely Bicci gets up. Do you lift Ginger up ? or worried if she jumps down ?

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 05:00 PM
My bun gets onto the coffee table, the sofas, the massive foot stool (same height as sofas), and the beds. When he was younger he used to get stuck if he jumped up onto something as he was too scared to jump down again :lol: he's up and down like a yo yo now though! He also jumps over the sides of his pen (indoors) so we had to put a net over the top when we're not in the room!

Nothing is particularly high, but I've seen him jump a lot higher whilst running around the room! There's just not any really high surfaces for him to jump onto to take good photos!

http://i1236.photobucket.com/albums/ff460/helen_hopscotch/d0d1c84d.jpg

:love::love::love: A very active boy then.

GrahamL
21-04-2011, 05:01 PM
That really lovely Bicci gets up. Do you lift Ginger up ? or worried if she jumps down ?

She does it occasionally on her own, but she falls if she tries too many times.

She's smart, she's very careful and it's really sweet, if she jumps up and can't get down, Biscuit goes down first, then sits at the bottom, as if to say "it's okay, im here to catch you" almost.

I adore bunny behaviour.

helennnnnn
21-04-2011, 05:03 PM
:love::love::love: A very active boy then.

Yeah definitely, it's hard to keep up with him!!

He looks massive in that photo, think it's because I'm sat on the floor. The sofa is his now! :roll:

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 05:03 PM
She does it occasionally on her own, but she falls if she tries too many times.

She's smart, she's very careful and it's really sweet, if she jumps up and can't get down, Biscuit goes down first, then sits at the bottom, as if to say "it's okay, im here to catch you" almost.

I adore bunny behaviour.

That is so sweet. Sunshine is a protective bunny too.

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Yeah definitely, it's hard to keep up with him!!

He looks massive in that photo, think it's because I'm sat on the floor. The sofa is his now! :roll:

:lol::lol::lol: Wish mine would get up on the sofa. They won't even come near it. I wonder if that is because it is leather and not comfy and slippery.

Tamsin
Up or down? I've seen Scamp do about 3' up and about4-5' down.

Stator
About 3-4ft from standing. They got over a 5ft wire fence by scrambling when they were very scared.

Pie
21-04-2011, 05:06 PM
Pie is a known jumper :roll: She can do 4ft easy - and she's only a mini lop.
She has jumped down from my OH who's 6ft :shock: She also regularly jumps onto the bed and sofa too.
She jumps over this if left alone in the room for more than 10 minutes too!:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/woggie_photos/Pie/DSC_7639.jpg

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 05:09 PM
Up or down? I've seen Scamp do about 3' up and about4-5' down.

Both. One of male bunnies, years ago jumped out of the top of the 3 storey hutch they had. I didn't secure it after I fed them. Lucky I heard the door flapping. His sister was not tempted.

Wow 5 foot is a long way down.

Barn Yard Bunnies
21-04-2011, 05:11 PM
Pie is a known jumper :roll: She can do 4ft easy - and she's only a mini lop.
She has jumped down from my OH who's 6ft :shock: She also regularly jumps onto the bed and sofa too.
She jumps over this if left alone in the room for more than 10 minutes too!:
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w259/woggie_photos/Pie/DSC_7639.jpg

Beautiful photo. Don't often see pics of Pie. :love::love::love:

And she jumps the railings. :shock:

Mischief and Tinker's Mum
21-04-2011, 05:14 PM
about 3ft for my boys. :) Jasper loves to jump over and onto anything so I set up little hurdles for him and he jumps and binkies over them. :D

*lily*
21-04-2011, 05:19 PM
Do you ever put Louie on the sofa or bed or is it too dangerous for him ?

I've put him on the settee before but he didn't like it!

nibbler
21-04-2011, 05:47 PM
My 4yr old german lop was staying with my parents while I was on holiday. My dad wanted to cut the grass, so he put him on the bottom patio at their house which he's built a gate accross to keep him safe. Nibbler was so concerned that he was missing something at the top of the garden, jumped onto their 4ft wall to see if he could be involved!

He such a nosey thing, nothing is too bigger challenge!

Santa
21-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Harry jumped a 5ft gate once to get to a foster bun he could smell on the other side. He must have scrambled rather than made it all in one go but he definitely did it! In one go, he can easily clear 3ft without so much as a blink.

beki
21-04-2011, 06:18 PM
i have seen ruby do 3 feet with ease, i suspect she can do more but i haven't given her the chance. I have seen her jump up 6 steps though in one go, she looked very shocked!

Reggie can barely jump a foot, but i have never seen him binky or really hop/run fast. I don't think he has strong legs which i think is to do with possible previous neglect/lack of exercise as he is a rescue bun and hardly hopped at all when i got him, he used to walk. He is getting better but still likes to take things slowly.

Mrs Cullen
21-04-2011, 06:24 PM
We found Jacob and Bella on top of our 5ft waterbutt, on separate occasions,which is next to our shed. However we still don't know how they got up there.:?

emmiiee
21-04-2011, 06:26 PM
My Matilda can jump onto my bed, bare in mind shes a mini lop and my bed is higher about 3.5 foot i think thats rather impressive ha!

nessar
21-04-2011, 07:39 PM
Another 3 foot here, onto the back of the sofa.

Carrie14
21-04-2011, 07:56 PM
Buuren has jumped onto two different full sized cabin beds, I saw him do it on this http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/6637178/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CHome+and+furniture%7C14417894/c_2/2%7C14417894%7CBeds%7C14418191/c_3/3%7Ccat_14418191%7CChildren%27s+beds%7C15350118.ht m one. Off of the keyboard shelf and up where the ladder goes:shock:

DemiS
21-04-2011, 09:12 PM
The record for Rabbit-jumping (or hopping) is just under 100cm and I've seen the video for that

Rabbits can jump much higher though, my grandma has a thrianta from a litter of mine, and so does her neighbour and the two rabbits are almost identical. She's got a VERY high fence, well over 100cm, and the rabbits can jump over it :shock: The first time it happened she thought she was going mad, seeing two of her rabbit in the garden :lol: Then she saw the neighbours' actually spring over

Pie
21-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Beautiful photo. Don't often see pics of Pie. :love::love::love:

And she jumps the railings. :shock:

Oh I always think I post too many when I do... Hmm maybe little and often would be better ;)

Oh yes, Jumps straight over them, even when there is nothing on the other side. But she won't jump over anything if she knows there is slippery flooring on the other side. She is very smart and will sit there and look up, working out how high it is and if she can get over it.

(NB: The pen in the picture is while she's being bonded with Oberon and is not her permanent 'housing'.)

Bunny Buddy
21-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Tink has jumped onto a 43"/110cm high fish tank :shock: Luckily it had a sturdy lid on it but some of them I have just have a thin plastic condensation catcher lid. She would have had a bit of a shock if it wasn't a solid surface and she ended up in the water :shock:

Luckily I was there - she was a bit surprised when she got up there and I scooped her up and put her back on the floor. That was from standing right next to it, there wasn't anywhere to take a run up to it and she didn't have several attempts - just bump - oh my god where's the bunny? She's also cleared a 3ft barrier when she went for bonding at Bunny Camp and escaped a similar enclosure when she was in foster care, silly girl didn't think about her babies not being able to follow her :roll:

bugglebun
22-04-2011, 08:58 AM
cor!..:shock:......some extravagant fetes! My little Manglewurzel once jumped up on to the sofa arm which is 56 cm, just under 2 ft. We only ever saw her do that once as she lives outside. Gerald's a lot larger and muscley and so far as yet we've only seen him jump when binkying! :D