• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

U/d swollen op site post 10 added picture of op site

blue_vix

Mama Doe
Jeremy went in for his neuter this morning, the vet said she would ring between 1 and 2 to let me know how he got on so I am getting a bit jumpy now wanting to know.
I have a new addition at the moment as well although I'm not sure if he's staying yet. He is very cute, I'll put some photo's up later. I've called him Logan coz I think he looks like Hugh Jackman in Wolverine. He's an agoui coloured small cross lionhead, with otter markings, huge ears, and a small mane.

Last edited:
027-3.jpg

Jeremy chillin after his op. He's eating drinking and pooping so alls looking good.

As promised- Logan

012-8.jpg

011-9.jpg

009-6.jpg

007-7.jpg

008-9.jpg

A video

Last edited:
I just checked Jeremy's bits and they are really swollen, the 'sacks' look like they've still got testicles in them! He seems fine in his self though, still eating, drinking and pooing. Do you think he will be ok? Toby or Benji's never looked that bad. He has been licking at them this evening. Because of the bank holiday his post op check is on tuesday.

I just checked Jeremy's bits and they are really swollen, the 'sacks' look like they've still got testicles in them! He seems fine in his self though, still eating, drinking and pooing. Do you think he will be ok? Toby or Benji's never looked that bad. He has been licking at them this evening. Because of the bank holiday his post op check is on tuesday.

Its really hard to tell without seeing, but it sounds like he may have pulled his stitches/glue out. I'd take him to he vet tomorrow for a check up. My bridge bun Bungle did this, instead of seeing rolled sacks as I was expecting, I saw swollen lumps like testicles. If this is what you are seeing then please do take him tomorrow x

That sound like it :( I just took some pictures. I hope they will let me take him to the emergancy vet without paying the upfront £120 because I forgot to put my time sheet in and only have £160 to last me until 31st May. He is insured though.

005-10.jpg

003-8.jpg

they arent nearly as swollen as my charlie boys were...he had to have 5 days metacam aswell as injections, 3 times in 4 days he was checked, finally 8 days after his op they have started to go down....hope his do too x

I can't really see the photos on my phone but it's quite common for the sacks to swell after the op as they fill with fluid. If he seems ok in himself and the wound is not looking angry or open, it's probably just that, but might be worth giving your vet a quick ring for a chat. You might find they are open as normal just for this morning.

Thankyou for your opinions, they helped put my mind at rest. I have spoken to the vet and she thinks along similar lines, that so long as he's fine in himself he should be fine til tuesday and some swelling is not uncommon. I think maybe it looks so much worse than Toby and Benji because he had much bigger balls to start with.

Just watch for any rock hard lumps developing. One of my fosters needed abx to get rid of a cyst after his neuter but it looked a lot worse than his do at the moment.:D

They look fine to me, a bit of swelling is to be expected.

As the others have said, just keep a close eye on things :D

they look fine to me :wave:

my Sonny had an internal bleed after being neutered & one of his sacks filled with blood so I know what bad swelling looks like, but these look like normal swelling :)

My boys looked worse than that by far but were all fine..just keeping checking that nothing changes? :wave:

Back