• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Writing to a pet shop

Nicola1

Wise Old Thumper
I was on the bus today and we went past a pet shop. 2ft hutch outside with a sign on it saying 'perfect for your real Easter bunny'. I have complained about things like this in the past but I was on the bus and with my brother so I couldn't.

I'm going to send them a letter - should I put my address in or just leave it as anonymous?

Could you download a MMC poster and pop that in to them?
Do you have, or can you get any leaflets for them to read and give to the public?

The RSPCA do some leaflets which might carry some clout with the shop owner. Also the Rabbit Welfare Association do a wide variety covering many aspects of rabbit ownership.

Putting a rabbit in such a tiny hutch would be like us being shut up in a toilet. No space to move, just enough room to do the necessary. :oops:

Last edited:
I personally would put my name on the letter and then add that you have sent a copy to trading standards (enclose the minimum housing guidelines;)) also inform them that you have sent a copy to rspca aswell;) Hopefully they may think about how they advertise in the future.

You could also put a sentence in (to assist trading standards) about how they are cheating their customers too....who will have to buy suitable housing in the very near future as 2 ft is completely inadequate:cry:

yes I am going to pop some RWAF and RSPCA leaflets in :)

Do you have the RWA leaflets about SECS, and A hutch in not enough?

SECS................Space, exercise, company, stimulation.

A hutch that size would be perfect for a TOY bunny to have as a home.
Not a living animal in a living hell.:cry::cry:

Best of luck.

Do you have the RWA leaflets about SECS, and A hutch in not enough?

SECS................Space, exercise, company, stimulation.

A hutch that size would be perfect for a TOY bunny to have as a home.
Not a living animal in a living hell.:cry::cry:

Best of luck.

Yes I do :wave:

I personally would put my name on the letter and then add that you have sent a copy to trading standards (enclose the minimum housing guidelines;)) also inform them that you have sent a copy to rspca aswell;) Hopefully they may think about how they advertise in the future.

You could also put a sentence in (to assist trading standards) about how they are cheating their customers too....who will have to buy suitable housing in the very near future as 2 ft is completely inadequate:cry:

Thanks hun that's a good idea

Back