• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found fresh blood in urine/ UD p17

Hugo's There

Wise Old Thumper
:(:(

Not 100% certain who's it is but I am guessing Valerie. Its either hers or Wesley's :(

She was only admitted 2 weeks ago for blood tests, urine tests and x-rays because of her excessive drinking. everything came back clear but there was concern over tumours even though nothing showed up :?

Both buns are fine in themselves, eating, happy flopping and binkying. Will have to try to watch them both closely tomorrow to make sure I get an appointment for the right bunny :? Not an easy task at the same time as bonding a trio!

Last edited:
Last time I saw blood like that it was uterine cancer but I had Valerie neutered myself so its not that. I would of thought an infection would have shown up previously so not sure what to think :?

Oh no Liz, what a worry :cry: I hope it turns out to be nothing serious - at least the buns seem to feel well in themselves so that's something I suppose! xx

Oh no, that's one of my worries with having a pair - knowing who's the poorly one, especially when neither of them actually look ill. :?

I hope you can work out who needs the vet and that it's nothing serious. :)

Sending lots of vibes for Valerie x

UTIs aren't easy to culture bacteria from (the bacteria that often causes UTIs tends to die on contact with air) so I think perhaps just treat for UTI in the absence of any other diagnosis?

Sending lots of vibes for Valerie x

UTIs aren't easy to culture bacteria from (the bacteria that often causes UTIs tends to die on contact with air) so I think perhaps just treat for UTI in the absence of any other diagnosis?

I think treating for a UTI regardless of any other diagnostics is the best way to go too. Its just that her weeing problems have been going on for months and all tests have been clear :? I would have thought if it was all due to infection it would have progressed quicker and made her more ill by now and possibly shown up in bloods :?

Her litter tray was full of urine stained blood this afternoon, but of course there are no appointments left today and they are shut tomorrow so the best i can do is saturday morning. As she is well in her self, binkying and eating I couldn't insist on an emergency appointment today.

Sending vibes for Valerie and hope your mum is feeling a bit better too.

Thank you.

Yes Mum has started to feel a bit brighter in recent days, thank you. She has started to get out a bit now although she was unable to get a change of plaster at the hospital last week as her arm was still so swollen. She was hoping for a lighter one as the one she has is so heavy for her to carry around.

There has been no visible blood in her urine since yesterday afternoon.

Can it suddenly disappear if its an infection? :?

valerie has had a thorough check up today. She is in a lot of pain in her bladder and kidney area. She is being treated for a UTI but the vet thinks there could be a possible bladder tumour :? :(

She is booked in for an US on Wednesday. I really hope that gives us some answers. It is really frustrating not knowing despite all the previous diagnostics

Back