• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Yesterday I went to Windwhistle Warren U/D help name me!

nessar

Warren Veteran
I had a great day, I didnt want to leave! I was there for hours :oops: :D

Alice was lovely, she even picked me up from the station and made me lunch! It was great to be able to talk about rabbits with someone who also loves them, most of my friends think I'm crazy :oops: but we talked about everything, and she gave me some great advice.

I met all the bunnies, there were so many but Alice knows them all individually. There are so many different types of bunnies there! I also met Vicki-Vet's rexes who are boarding there, who are beautiful and Alice has some lovely rexes and belgian hares of her own too, I never realised how dainty they are!

We've been emailing each other for a couple of months now, about whether to bond Barney, when and with whom and she's helped me out a lot with my rather complex situation.

When I was there we discussed my options and had a look at all the possiblities, and settled on a short-list of three. A mum (Arabella) and 2 of her baby girls, all brave enough to withstand the long journey home, all litter trained and all having been exposed to pasturella already although not showing signs (I didnt want to infect an uninfected bunny with Barney's snuffles). Although Arabella herself was an absolute delight and I adore her name, we decided that it would be better to choose one of the babies, as Barney would be less likely to see her as a threat and it should be an easier bond. So after much sitting in the run and watching them, I decided on the more independant and confident of the sisters, and here she is, as yet unnamed:

SAM_0918.jpg

SAM_0917.jpg

SAM_0915.jpg

She is a very fluffy girly, although you cant see much of it in the photos, and in good light ranges from brown to grey to black. She is settling in well, although very nervous after her long journey. She was so wary of me and hid or crouched ready every time I walked past. So I thought perhaps the sight of another rabbit might help as she is used to seeing them all day in the rescue, so I brought Barney down and let him run around, with her still in the cage. He wasnt bothered at all, although he did chin a couple of things, and ignored her, even grooming me, but she perked right up and followed his movements in the cage, obviously very interested. So I let him get closer and they sniffed each other through the bars! Although I kept my hands around him so I could pull him away at the smallest sign of danger. Then she started to be very interested in him, so I thought perhaps it would be best to end it there, to avoid getting either one too excited/stressed. Today she has gone from hiding every time I go past, to now lying in her cage with me here (I'm sitting here now) and taking pellets that I'm handfeeding, so it obviously worked and she seems so much more relaxed, even though he was only down here less than 5 minutes.

I'm going to be bonding them, but to reduce stress for Barney (dont want any snuffles flare ups) am going to take it slowly, as the vet was not happy about the stress it would cause. Alice and I have decided on a course of action for this, I will make a thread later today in the bonding section.

So yeah, meet my pretty little princess :)
SAM_0921.jpg

Last edited:
She's lovely, I bet Barney will be one happy boy bun.
Best wishes for bonding :D

Alice is absolutely amazing - she does know each of those bunnies personalities and really knows what she's talking about. I really could have smuggled some bunnies away - and my eldest was really taken with Alice's bunnies too.

As for the bonding - i really hope it goes well. I'm sure you'll get the best advice. She is a gorgeous bunny!!

Good luck xxxx

Thank you everyone! She is more confident today, I handfed her breakfast and she was being very nosy up at the front of the cage.

I still have no idea about a name though :?

Shes beautiful :love:
I think you should call her Arabella aswell, its SUCH a lovely name :wave:

I was thinking about it! Plus 'Barney and Arabella' sounds quite nice doesnt it. But I thought it was a bit weird giving her her mummy's name, I dunno... but Arabella is such a nice name.

Hmmm this little girly still needs a name... ideas?

edit: she is very dainty, her actions and everything about her is small and dainty. When she's a bit scared she doesnt even bolt, she just hops into her box. She is like a princess, although I dont want to call her that.

Last edited:
Hmmm this little girly still needs a name... ideas?

edit: she is very dainty, her actions and everything about her is small and dainty. When she's a bit scared she doesnt even bolt, she just hops into her box. She is like a princess, although I dont want to call her that.

Princess Merry Weather Sunshine Daisy Bottom, the first. :lol: :love:

Suggestions for names

Alice

Easter

Daffodil

Fleur

Anisa ( Swahili for Grace)

Bluebell

Perdita, Perdy for short

Charity ( she looks like ex Honeybunny Charity and you adopted her from a charity!)

I love 'Princess Merry Weather Sunshine Daisy Bottom, the first' :lol: although I dont know what I'd end up calling her for short, none of them seems to fit really :? I did like Charity till my sister told me all about a book she read that had an erm disreputable lady with many gentleman callers in it called Charity :roll:

I looked up some disney names and I like Mia but not the full 'Amelia' and I think 'Giselle' suits her but I can just imagine my housemates trying to annoy me by calling her the first syllable of that name, which means something rude :roll:

edit: Sorry for the vague explanations, dont want to have to put an adult sign on this thread :lol:

Last edited:
She looks very much like my new lady bun, Flora. She was already named by rspca and i dont like changing names:oops: Was tempted to re-name her 'Marg' - Flora margarine!!:roll::shock::oops:

Very cute!!

How about just Bella? or Belle? or Tink as in Tinkerbell?

I love bunny naming threads :D

PS Did you happen to see if Juniper and Grace were still there?? I fell in love with them when they were posted on here before. No room at this inn for them though :(

Back