• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

snowball took a syringe of food :D u/d post 14 - he's eating

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
mushed up a load of pellets and got it into a syringe.

i managed to get him to take one full syringe worth before he lost interest. baby steps though, least it's something!

hopefully he will eat in the meantime, but if not, i will give him another syringe in an hour.

he is a bit brown and mucky from me following him asking him to take another little bit though lol

Last edited:
thanks loppy ears :)

he was neutered this afternoon grin, so i am trying to get him to eat but he isn't interested bless him :(

we all think they let him go too early though. when i called at 12.30 he was having the op done, when i called at 2 he was waking up and they let me take him home at 4.
defo too early though, because when i put him in the pen and he came out of the carrier, he kind of fell over / stumbled :(

he's seeming ok though, quiet, but ok

smartie took 2 or 3 days to peep up! he was very quiet and just sat in his cage not really taking anything in! tho he was eating within half an hour of coming round the nurse said, but smartie is a greedy guts, so that didnt really suprise me :roll:

he i would say is just getting back to normal 6 days afterwards, he hopped out into the garden today for the first time x

smartie took 2 or 3 days to peep up! he was very quiet and just sat in his cage not really taking anything in! tho he was eating within half an hour of coming round the nurse said, but smartie is a greedy guts, so that didnt really suprise me :roll:

he i would say is just getting back to normal 6 days afterwards, he hopped out into the garden today for the first time x

aw bless him.
he sounds like a right character :)
did you bring metacam home with him?

am hoping that with extra pain relief, snowball will bounce back quite quickly :)

aw bless him.
he sounds like a right character :)
did you bring metacam home with him?

am hoping that with extra pain relief, snowball will bounce back quite quickly :)

nope! the vet gave him somthing that would last him 24 hours, and as long as he was wating a drinking and toileting which he was, he should be fine, and after 2-3 days he started to become smartie again ! didnt stop him spraying my leg yesturday after i'd been with the girls :roll::lol: tho he isn't quite upto monting the cats yet lmao! x

thank you, so do i :)
not nice seeing him so sad :( he'll thank me for it later when he hasn't got all those nasty hormones racing around though :)

thanks loppy ears :)

he was neutered this afternoon grin, so i am trying to get him to eat but he isn't interested bless him :(

we all think they let him go too early though. when i called at 12.30 he was having the op done, when i called at 2 he was waking up and they let me take him home at 4.
defo too early though, because when i put him in the pen and he came out of the carrier, he kind of fell over / stumbled :(

he's seeming ok though, quiet, but ok

I knew he was in for a neuter but i didnt know he wasnt eating.

Lucky did the stumbly thing too and was back to his old self the next day. Hope snowball feels better soon xxx

I knew he was in for a neuter but i didnt know he wasnt eating.

Lucky did the stumbly thing too and was back to his old self the next day. Hope snowball feels better soon xxx

aw bless him, glad he was ok and back to normal the next day :)

thank you :) hopefully it won't be long and he will be chowing away greedy as ever lol

aw bless him, glad he was ok and back to normal the next day :)

thank you :) hopefully it won't be long and he will be chowing away greedy as ever lol

Am sure it wont be long before the little thing is wolfing it down like you starve him, soon enough!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

he started eating at about midnight :)

he licked up the pellet mush first, then ate hay later :)

he is nomming away on his hay as we speak!

Back