• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bailey has been spayed yesterday...worried about eating? Pics comming

zayna1

Warren Scout
So Bailey was spayed yesterday. Monty went in with her...and they are staying in the playpen together in the living room now. I let Monty out to free range in the garden for a while, whilst Bailey is having a bit of 'alone time'. Her scar looks really gruesome...So she's been sitting in the same sort of spot since yesterday. She was there all evening yesterday, but today she has hopped around a little, and stretched a bit. She is much more alert, and is drinking lots from a bowl. She seems to have passed some stools, I think they are from her, as they are smaller than Montys...but I haven't seen her eating. I can't tempt her with carrots, greens, or coriander- her favorite. Not sure what I should do. She MAY have eaten pellets, but i'm not sure because monty is in with her.....I just haven't seen her eating when she usually would, but she is quite stressed at the moment, and is jumpy near me now....

So Bailey was spayed yesterday. Monty went in with her...and they are staying in the playpen together in the living room now. I let Monty out to free range in the garden for a while, whilst Bailey is having a bit of 'alone time'. Her scar looks really gruesome...So she's been sitting in the same sort of spot since yesterday. She was there all evening yesterday, but today she has hopped around a little, and stretched a bit. She is much more alert, and is drinking lots from a bowl. She seems to have passed some stools, I think they are from her, as they are smaller than Montys...but I haven't seen her eating. I can't tempt her with carrots, greens, or coriander- her favorite. Not sure what I should do. She MAY have eaten pellets, but i'm not sure because monty is in with her.....I just haven't seen her eating when she usually would, but she is quite stressed at the moment, and is jumpy near me now....

I had my two girls spayed today. As far as I'm aware if they haven't eaten within 24hrs to call the vet.

Have you got any critical care ?

You could try the vets as the same happened to my bunny 2 weeks ago and she had to go back.

:lol::lol: She's such a little monkey. Like 2 minutes after I posted that she started munching on spring greens :lol:. They always seem to get you into a panic and laugh at your expense :lol:

:lol::lol: She's such a little monkey. Like 2 minutes after I posted that she started munching on spring greens :lol:. They always seem to get you into a panic and laugh at your expense :lol:

Great news. :wave: Seems like there are alot of people here today who have had their bunnies neutered or spayed and they are not eating yet. They always come around.

Oh gosh and I forgot to mention- They didn't give her any pain medication to take home...they gave her long lasting meds, and I asked if she'd need any for afterwards, and they said they would prescribe them if they thought she'd need them...im worried she's in pain....it was done at the mayhew animal home, and it's a charity, so even though they spay and neuter at lower prices, surely they wouldn't leave her in pain?

Oh gosh and I forgot to mention- They didn't give her any pain medication to take home...they gave her long lasting meds, and I asked if she'd need any for afterwards, and they said they would prescribe them if they thought she'd need them...im worried she's in pain....it was done at the mayhew animal home, and it's a charity, so even though they spay and neuter at lower prices, surely they wouldn't leave her in pain?

They give a 24 hour pain relieving injection. They wouldn't leave her in pain. You can ring and ask if you are not sure what they gave her.

I didn't need meds to bring home.

Back