• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Herts vets with Anivac or Lapinject

Guy Carter at Medivet Watford uses Lapinject.

ETA: I phoned to ask which they used before actually taking him in, the receptionist didn't understand but she went and asked!

I found Guy through RU and he's a bunny vet so if you do decide to go there, I would ask to be booked in with him and say you want Lapinject.

Last edited:
I can'thelp with a vet but have you asked if yours will order in lapinject or anivac for you? I have asked my vet before and it was fine :wave:

Has anyone been to the Redbourn Medivets and know if they are rabbit friendly? They're 10 minutes away from me whereas the Watford one is 30mins - don't mind the drive just hoping he can be cooped up in his carrier for a little less time

Not sure about Redbourn Medivets but I go to Nine Lives just down the road from there. Pretty sure they use Lapinject!

ETA: Wait a minute, what am I saying :lol: I took the rabbits to Redbourn Medivet for their vaccs once when they were on special offer. They weren't all that good with handling Pipkin, he got really stressed out. It would probably depend on how nervy the bunny is though.

Not sure about Redbourn Medivets but I go to Nine Lives just down the road from there. Pretty sure they use Lapinject!

ETA: Wait a minute, what am I saying :lol: I took the rabbits to Redbourn Medivet for their vaccs once when they were on special offer. They weren't all that good with handling Pipkin, he got really stressed out. It would probably depend on how nervy the bunny is though.
:? good to know, he's not nervy just very stubborn, think we'll have a nightmare if they rub him the wrong way.

I'll check out nine lives thanks :)

:? good to know, he's not nervy just very stubborn, think we'll have a nightmare if they rub him the wrong way.

I'll check out nine lives thanks :)

Your bunny might be ok if he's not too nervous. I seem to remember at Medivet they scruffed Pipkin which he didn't like at all, and then they had to take him through to a different room to weigh him which he found quite stressful.
Nine Lives vets seem really good and calm with the bunnies. They let them keep their feet on the table as much as they can!

:( Nine Lives wont give him the vaccine without transferring him to them as a registered patient which I don't want to do. Does anyone know if this is common practice?

I think you do usually need to register to take animals for vaccinations. It's usually ok to register at more than one though. I know I have before.

I think you do usually need to register to take animals for vaccinations. It's usually ok to register at more than one though. I know I have before.
They weren't happy with him just having his vaccine there, they wanted all of his records etc transferred to them and said it was unethical to just give him the vaccine!?
Medivet Watford are happy to do it with just registering him just need to find an opportunity to take him to Watford

Went to see Guy in Watford yesterday he was great :), MJ had his vaccine and we were given Panacur I'd love to switch to him fully but it took almost 40minutes (non peak times too!), not helpful in an emergency but I'll definitely be booking his routine stuff through them from now on :)

Back