• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can a rabbit be unbondable ?

Collielover

Mama Doe
Ok as my thread title says can a rabbit be unbondable? The reson I am asking I have a rabbit here who has been neautered over a year now and I have tried to bond her with loads of other rabbits and even took her down to kayj to try and nothing has worked. Anyone got any ideas? I feel bad her being alone like she is missing a friend but she attacks everything

Some buns just dont get on with other buns.

Fluffers on here has Bouncer - he's totally unbondable. Loves being a Bachelor however and loves his human friends :)

I think that unbondable rabbits are rare, but yes they do exist. I guess it's possible yours hasn't met "the one" yet, but there are several on Rabbits in Need who have to go as single bunnies for the same reason. Sometimes these rabbits can be very attached to their human owners, though... :love:

erm I know she is attached to me she will sit on my lap in the garden and if any others come near me she goes to attack them . And thats humans, dogs or cats. Hubby can handle her but she has a mind of her own who gets to come near her she will have a lung at anything that comes near her

I believe so but I also think there may be an underlying reason. I took on Molly at 11 years old - she had spent the last 6 years in rescue after her partner passed away.

A bonding expert tried to bond her for me but it didn't work. I've always wondered if it was because she was riddled with masses and knew she wasn't long for this earth.

I know of another so far unbondable bun in rescue (also a female).

It is rare to find a bun who will not bond with another bun. In my time of bonding I have met about 6 buns whom have been 'tricky' two of whom remain single, one of these is one that I am sure that Jill Luvabun is talking about.

Usually there is a reason which may not be obvious at the time but may come out in the future.

Yes, I used to have an unbondable bun called Anya.

The RSPCA warned me she was unbondable, they'd tried made times. I tried too, and it didn't work. I was prepared to keep her on her own though. She had friends next door to her, so I think that was enough for her.

Have you tried bonding her with a baby? Its meant to be a much easier bond as the adult doesnt see the baby as a threat.

Back