• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

big fight - advice please

Candiflare

Mama Doe
Ralph and Buzz and rosie and penelope have just had a big fight. It looks like ralph has come off the worst as his fur is ALL OVER the garden. He is panting and grinding his teeth and can't seem to stand up, only lie down. He's quite limp. He's got a wound on his leg which is bad but at the moment I don't want to take him to the vet because he's too stressed.

Do you think he is in shock? There is no blood and he's gradually perking up. I cannot find any other wounds on him. What should I do to help him right now?

Ralph and Buzz and rosie and penelope have just had a big fight. It looks like ralph has come off the worst as his fur is ALL OVER the garden. He is panting and grinding his teeth and can't seem to stand up, only lie down. He's quite limp. He's got a wound on his leg which is bad but at the moment I don't want to take him to the vet because he's too stressed.

Do you think he is in shock? There is no blood and he's gradually perking up. I cannot find any other wounds on him. What should I do to help him right now?

If hes grinding his teeth it means he is in pain, I would go to the vets to be on the safe side!

Poor Ralph. :cry::cry:

I can't offer advice regarding the foursome................sorry, not enough experience.

For now though, can Ralph be put somewhere to calm and cool down? I wonder if this sudden heat might be making them rather tetchy.

Keep a close eye on him and a trip to the vet would be a good idea me thinks. Just in case.

We all hope he is unharmed and normal service can be resumed asap.

xx

I have given him some metacam.

We will go to the vets I just want him to calm down first so that he doesn't have 2 stresses side by side...

Is he seperated from the other 3 Candiflare?

I'd think he could do with a nice dark quiet space for a while to calm himself down, a bowl of fresh water also.

Give the vets a call and ask their opinion about bringing him in, as you say, you dont want to move him while he's totally flooded with the stress hormone, it wont do his heart any good.

I agree with Gray to call the vet first. If he was my bun knowing how stressed my lot get in the car I'd be worried about stressing him anymore aswell as he sounds pretty stressed already.

Put him in a cool, confined, quiet place with hay and fresh water.

Have you checked his genitals ? A severe fight often results in major trauma to the throat and/or genitals :cry:

Thank you guys. It was awful. I don't know what's up with me and rabbits this week but things are just not going well, what with the wild baby bunnies dying, the myxi rabbits and now this.

As you might know they used to be a four but have been separated into pairs due to fighting. Today Penelope found a way to open the run and she got out of the run and jumped into Ralph and Rosie's hutch/run. Buzz followed her straight away and this caused a MASSIVE fight.

I started screaming and swearing and chasing them all around the garden shouting "I need help" so the whole neighbourhood could hear me. Ralph was lying on his back on the grass and Buzz had locked on to his side and wasn't letting go, even though I was trying to pull him off. He had his teeth clamped around Ralph. My neighbour, hearing me screaming jumped over the fence and slapped Buzz on the back :cry::censored: Then I shouted at my neighbour for hurting Buzz... Oh God... it was just awful. He was only trying to help and to the onlooker it looked like Buzz was attacking Ralph, but it was completely the wrong thing to do.

The good news is that they've all been to the vets, Ralph had his wounds cleaned, had a shot of anti-bios, and more metacam. Buzz is uninjured, eating and acting like nothing's happened and the girls are okay too.

The vet must think I'm some sort of psycho, taking in 3 seizing baby wild buns to be put down, then carting in a four-bunny blood bath the next day.

Aww :[
Sorry had to ask, Did you freeze when you saw your neighbour slap your bun :[
Hope you and your buns recover well :wave:

Aww :[
Sorry had to ask, Did you freeze when you saw your neighbour slap your bun :[
Hope you and your buns recover well :wave:

It was like a smack on the bottom but it was hard and it was awful to hear. It just made a bad situation worse. It was my fault because I got hysterical about it.

We all hope that things have calmed down, and settled for the night.................you included.

What a week you are having!!!!

Try to unwind and sleep tight.

Di and the furry family. x

Oh no, how awful. I think I'd have to go and lay in a quiet dark, corner after that. Poor you and buns. Hope all is settled now. :wave:

Oh gosh, what a nightmare. :shock: I hope Ralph is ok. :love:

The neighbour probably reacted without thinking but it must have been awful to see. :(

Awww thank you Di... Ralph is okay, just wounded. He is definitely the victim of the beatings up issued by Penelope and Buzz. It's so sad how it turns out like this.

Thank you for caring everyone :love:

Back