• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can you file a rabbits nails??

kk_kayla

Mama Doe
just wondered...my rabbits nails are slightly long...not to bad..i dont cut them myself as im scared so someone cuts them for me...but they are on holiday for 2 weeks...so i wondered if i could file them down?

I think you could get brave and just cut them yourself, it's a breeze once you have done it a few times, and it saves pennies :)

i was going to once but i just cant sit in a good position with then...they dont really seem to like their feet being touched..

their nail are not to long..just a little bit...but i got all scratch up yesterday when pippin decided to kick about when i was picking her up and she ended up scratching my whole arm...the small breed of rabbits nails are like little needles lol

I wouldn't have thought you would have much luck filing them if you cant touch their feet to clip them as it will take longer than clipping does. I would wait 2 weeks and get them done when shes back. It wont hurt if there not too long

Back