• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Jimby's myxi jab

rachylou

Warren Veteran
I am having another 'episode' and am worrying about Jimby's vaccination.
As most of you will know we now have our vet come out to us for a home visit when it is a non emergency such as vaccinations as it seems to upset Jimby and Cookie far less than taking them in to the surgery.
Anyway the next available slot for a home visit is the 6th May.
I worked out that by counting weekly Jimby will be due for his myxi jab 3rd May and then paniced because it would be 3days late BUT on looking at his vaccination card his last jab was on the 10th May so would you class that as in time?

Who would say that if he had it on the 10th November he is then due on the 10th May?

The myxi vaccine does not simply 'run out' rachylou.

You could easily leave it a few days, or a week or two and it'll still be keeping Jimby vaccinated. Just over time, it would run out.

I seriously, seriously would not worry about it.

The myxi vaccine does not simply 'run out' rachylou.

You could easily leave it a few days, or a week or two and it'll still be keeping Jimby vaccinated. Just over time, it would run out.

I seriously, seriously would not worry about it.

Ditto :)

it will be fine any time around then. eric was 2 weeks late with his 6 monthly myxo this time as my vet was on hol then i was ill and had to rearrange:)

Back