• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do all buns have a slow GI tract time of the day?

GrahamL

Wise Old Thumper
Just curious. :)

I have somebun who's gut seems to have about 2 or 3 slowdowns a day (i say slowdowns, i am saying this, as poops are tiny, and fibrous, but only 1/5 the size of normal ones.

Just curious if its a 'rabbity' thing, or a 'Ginger' thing.

Thanks for any comments :wave:

I'm not at home so can't monitor what poops are produced when but they all look to be a pretty similar size tbh. I know there are times of day such as mid morning to mid afternoon when they don't really eat at all and just snooze with the occasional nibble, then other times like the evening when they nom like there's no tomorrow so I guess their tums would possibly slow down a bit during the non-eating phases?

Very occasionally I will find some in the lops room, but not at particular times of days, more for a few hours one day and then back to bigguns. I reckon it's linked to Mini's dysbiosis. I'd rather her have a few small poos than malformed cecals.

Back