• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Today's the day - U\D post 81: they are eating :)

Wondergirl

Alpha Buck
Today's the day that Holly and Fern, my two 6 month old mini lops get spayed. I'm so nervous. Just been out to feed the girls and I burst into tears as soon as I saw them... Not a good start!
Vibes needed for the girls please and reassurance needed for me!

Last edited:
Good luck girls :love: It is so worrying when they have an operation :( I am sure they will be fine though, just lots of TLC afterwards :wave:

Thank you. :)
Im bringing them in from the garage after the op. I've got a dog crate lined with vet bed. It's got their litter tray and a wooden chew toy on the side. I've got blankets under the crate too to create extra warmth. They will be getting lots of tlc!

Lots of vibes for the girlys! And don't worry, they'll be fine! (Easier said than done!!)
I imagine I'll be the same next Friday!:(xx

Lots of vibes for them both! :wave: I was the same when Honey was getting spayed, I was in pieces! But she was fine and yours will be too xx

Best of luck; it's so nerve-wracking but once they're well again it's soon forgotten and just remember you are doing the best thing for them. :)

They will both be very sore and sleepy tonight so may not eat much at all; just tempt them with as many things as you can but don't be too worried if they're not really interested. If they haven't eaten by tomorrow morning though, then it's best to see the vet again as they may need more pain relief.

Do keep us posted. :love:

Best of luck; it's so nerve-wracking but once they're well again it's soon forgotten and just remember you are doing the best thing for them. :)

They will both be very sore and sleepy tonight so may not eat much at all; just tempt them with as many things as you can but don't be too worried if they're not really interested. If they haven't eaten by tomorrow morning though, then it's best to see the vet again as they may need more pain relief.

Do keep us posted. :love:

Thank you :) Im sure they will be fine but I can't help but worry, they are my babies! :love:

Update...

I dropped the girls off this morning. The vet was very reassuring and was impressed that I had brought them a packed lunch. She told me not to worry and to call back at 2pm to find out how they were doing.
She also said not to panic should they need to stay in overnight and it was completely normal for them to request that due to it being a big operation for bunnies.
So I went up to the stables to ride Molly to try and take my mind off things... Now I'm sat waiting until 2pm! Nervously, I may add! Lol.

Back