• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Why was somebunny thumping at 5 oclock!?

bensonlola

Warren Veteran
Why would they be thumping?

I just happened to be awake, heard the thumping, went down to see what the emergency was and was greeted with a 'hi ya Mum! Nice to see ya! Can we get out?!'. There was nothing wrong!! They sleep in a locked shed at night so I can't see them having been frightened.

Why else might a bunny thump?

The smell of a Fox or a Cat maybe ?

Rabbits will react to the smell of a predator long before they can actually see danger.

Or it just could be that now the mornings are much lighter they want their breakfast earlier ;)

(They probably smelt/heard something that wan't usual around them).

My lionheads always seem to be thumping about 5am ish. Not sure if it's the milkman who I heard also or the bird song or what.

I think its a breakfast thing :lol: Im off today and looked forward to a lie in, but somebunnies decided that it wasnt a day off and because I was still sleeping ten minutes later than normal they would race around the bedroom, crash onto the bed and climb all over my head until I got up and gave them breakfast :shock: they are both now sleeping it off on their mat, while I am wide awake :roll:

maybe they dont like mornings... Alvin often thumps at 5am, i don't even go to see whats wrong with the demon anymore :roll:

Mine were thumping like crazy the other night, then I heard a fox outside...

This seem like the first spring my buns haven't woken me up at 5 every morning wanting breakfast...

I usually give my buns their supper of greens about 9.45pm, and last night I was downstairs and heard one of them thump :? I went to see what was wrong and they were absolutely fine, but the time was 9.40!! Someone was obviously saying 'come on mummy it's suppertime!!' :lol:

Thomas used to thump constantly through the night and I swear it was for attention as there was never anything wrong (and he is inside). Now we have Daisy I never hear a peep out of him :)

Hmm. So many different possibilities. There were loads of birds around so maybe some landed on the roof of the shed - or maybe a cat. Its the fact that they didn't look frightened when I opened the door. I wonder could Benson have been getting amorous and Lola was telling him to clear off? :?

Hmm. So many different possibilities. There were loads of birds around so maybe some landed on the roof of the shed - or maybe a cat. Its the fact that they didn't look frightened when I opened the door. I wonder could Benson have been getting amorous and Lola was telling him to clear off? :?

yes thats a possibility, Joejoe thumps when Jessie won't stop humping his head sometimes, i'll hear a thump, go out and see what the matter is and find them siotting opposite ends of the run looking miffed.

Back