• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I really want to cry......

Flopsy has had his new bun girlfriend for about 6wks (after we lost our beloved jem) and everything seemed fine.:)

They did have a bit of a spat during first week when flopsy tried to hump and flora wasnt having it, fur pulling.:shock:

Have been fine ever since, grooming each other and no problems at all until today........total horror!:shock::shock::shock:

Was up in sons back bedroom decorating with windows wide open and kept checking them (just because i love watching them) and when i looked i honestly thought they had killed a bird!!!!

It looked like mountains of feathers in the garden, threw down the paintbrush and ran out!:cry:

Both buns were in hutch sat separately but close so i investigated garden... I found mountains of fur, from both buns........Not feathers.

Am guessing Flopsy tried to have his wicked way with Flora and she wasnt having any of it.

Have spoke to maysie (tuckerbunnies) who said its down to hierachy (top bun) and have checked them every 15mins and theyve been fine but i feel soooooo awful for flopsy, like ive inflicted this awful bun on him!!!

He is definately feeling down cos hes let him stroke him loads tonight and thats not like him.

How do i know if ive done the right thing in getting him another girlfriend?

God i wish Flopsy was happy again like he was with Jem but he just seems so out of sorts at the minute.

Mine fur pulled a bit, it's not nice is it :( Especially when you're not used to seeing it.
Mine have been bonded 6 weeks too, and I get humping a fair bit. I guess that one bunny has mounted the other who couldn't be bothered at all with it. If it was a warm day the humped might have been too tired and nipped at the humper.

Stressful now but both bunnys will be happier in the long run when their bond is as solid as it can be :)

in the wild bunnies are in big groups, theyre social animals and need to sort a heirachy its stressfull and terrifies us to no limits:)
youve done the right thing these things take time.. could the hot weather be making them grumpy?

Funny how Flopsy humped first week then hasnt bothered since until today... Could be the nice weather and hes pushing his luck!

Am still so stressed to death and have even left hutch open tonight, just incase they need time and space away from each other (only into locked run) and they are covered up.....not sure if this is right thing to do but am feeling so sorry for Flopsy and feel he may need an escape route!

My poor Flopsy.........

I hope they were ok over night.

I am sure you have done the right thing by getting Flopsy a friend, it will just take him (and you), a bit of getting used to!! When I put my two together I felt awful for putting them through the stress but worth it in the long-run.

Try and keep in your mind that bunnies are social animals and that he would likely have been lonely by himself, I am sure he is much happier than if he was all alone as he is used to having bunny company.

in the wild bunnies are in big groups, theyre social animals and need to sort a heirachy its stressfull and terrifies us to no limits:)
youve done the right thing these things take time.. could the hot weather be making them grumpy?

I agree with the above.

Hang on in there, it will be worth it.

Frankie and Estelle have only been bonded for a few weeks, and still occasionally sorting out who is who.

A good bond can take a while to develop. Have patience I am sure everything will work out for the best.

Take care. x

Back