• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sox is getting neutered on the 29th :'(-..a few questions post 8!

funnybunnyabc

Warren Veteran
I'm so scared :cry::oops:.....
I've changed vet because they kept saying things like 'do you know just how very risky it is?' and 'are you absolutely sure you want to go ahead with this?' and 'at one year old you have a great chance of losing him!' :shock: and this new vet sayed this is silly and that he should be absolutely fine, he's neutered lots of buns older than Sox.

I'm still petrified. I have it in my head that he's not gonna wake up, and I can't stop thinking like that :cry: I know I'm being silly.

He"s getting neutered on the Friday but I have to take him in at 6pm on Thursday night because there is no way I can get him in at 9am on Friday...:cry:
(PS-he's getting neutered on the day of the Royal wedding, :shock: I would have thought they would be shut!:shock: my new vet is open 7 days a week!*does happy dance* :love:)

I know its a while away, but just thought I'd post it now, because come Thursday I'll be too busy/stressed to do come on and make a thread, I'll just UD this one..:oops:

If anyone has anything they could tell me about their own experiences, like what helped their bunny/ what didn't,, that would be well appreciated. And anything I should look out for?

The vet said if he lives outside it would probably be best just to put him back outside, as last time I brought him in he got REALLY stressed, and if I stress him out recovery will take longer. Does this sound right?

He's my baby, I love him too much for anything bad to happen..:love::(
And yes, I know how stupid and silly I'm being, I'm being sooo stupid!! :oops:
Gosh I'm so scared, someone tell me to stop being silly and he'll be alright?... :cry: :oops:
Sorry. :oops::oops:
:oops:Sorry its a huge post, :oops:
:oops:

Last edited:
Vibes for him for Friday xxx Try not to worry, I'm sure with an experienced vet he will be fine. Take a selection of his fav foods with him and get some things like herbs to encourage him to eat afterwards. Most buns would recover quicker in their usual environment I think as long as he will be warm enough xxx

Vibes for him for Friday xxx Try not to worry, I'm sure with an experienced vet he will be fine. Take a selection of his fav foods with him and get some things like herbs to encourage him to eat afterwards. Most buns would recover quicker in their usual environment I think as long as he will be warm enough xxx

Thank you, and thank you Whitehood :) xx

Yep, I'm taking some of his food and some hay with him.
If he seems cold outside, I'll bring him inside, but I'd like to avoid stressing him out. :(
xx

He'll be absolutely fine :D

I always make sure we pack their lunch with them when they go in for anything, I always find ours start to recover quicker if they have their own (from their own special box) food and veg with them.

Vibes for you!
I know exactly how you are feeling, my two girls are getting done today! I'm scared too. I burst into tears when I went to feed them this morning :( I'm sure they will be fine though.

Vibes for you!
I know exactly how you are feeling, my two girls are getting done today! I'm scared too. I burst into tears when I went to feed them this morning :( I'm sure they will be fine though.

Vibes for your girls too Wondergirl, I'm sure they'll be fine, give them a noserub From me! :)

I have a few questions! :)

What foods are really good for getting buns eating again after the op?
In your personal experience, what's the first thing a bun will eat?
Should I shut the door between the run and the hutch to minimize running/jumping about? How long should I keep it shut for?
What bedding would be best, should I keep him on hay, or put towels down?

I might think of more later too, sorry :oops:
Thanks!
xx

What foods are really good for getting buns eating again after the op? I find herbs, fresh hay, freshly cut grass and sweet smelling food helps
In your personal experience, what's the first thing a bun will eat? Hay
Should I shut the door between the run and the hutch to minimize running/jumping about? How long should I keep it shut for? I think so but not sure for how long sorry
What bedding would be best, should I keep him on hay, or put towels down? Something soft maybe? Avoid things that may stick to him.

Thanks!
xx

There's what I think, but am not sure as have only had Beano go for a spay and she ate pretty much straight afterwards xx

Aww he'll be fine. Bramble was neutered four weeks ago, but it was all fine......I'm not even sure he's noticed anything missing yet! :shock:

What foods are really good for getting buns eating again after the op?
In your personal experience, what's the first thing a bun will eat?
Should I shut the door between the run and the hutch to minimize running/jumping about? How long should I keep it shut for?
What bedding would be best, should I keep him on hay, or put towels down?

Thanks!
xx

I think the best food is the food he is used too. I picked Bramble up at 3.30pm, so gave him some hay and later his tea (bowl of veggies) as normal.
Bramble ate a piece of parsnip first - his fav!
It's best to keep Sox in for the night if possible, best to keep him warm after a GA. I made Bramble a small cage from one of our puppy pens. Make a space as small as possible. He should be ready to go into his hutch the next day.
Bramble has little mats (from the Hay experts) so I put those down for him and a towel as well.
Just try to keep everything as normal as possible, put lots of familar things in with him,.

I was just as worried as you, try to find something to keep yourself busy on the day. :wave:

I think the best food is the food he is used too. I picked Bramble up at 3.30pm, so gave him some hay and later his tea (bowl of veggies) as normal.
Bramble ate a piece of parsnip first - his fav!
It's best to keep Sox in for the night if possible, best to keep him warm after a GA. I made Bramble a small cage from one of our puppy pens. Make a space as small as possible. He should be ready to go into his hutch the next day.
Bramble has little mats (from the Hay experts) so I put those down for him and a towel as well.
Just try to keep everything as normal as possible, put lots of familar things in with him,.

I was just as worried as you, try to find something to keep yourself busy on the day. :wave:

Thank you! :)
I wanted to bring him inside, but it really stresses him out. I've only ever had him inside twice and he absolutely hated it. He wouldn't eat and wouldn't let anyone near him. He lunged at me and he has NEVER done this before :shock::( I don't want to stress him or that will slow down recovery :( if I feel he's too cold outside I'll definitely bring him in, I'm gonna give him blankets and a hot water bottle with covers and towels wrapped round. :)

I'm sooo worried :oops: the fact I have to leave him in a night before probs doesn't help! :(
xx

Thank you! :)
I wanted to bring him inside, but it really stresses him out. I've only ever had him inside twice and he absolutely hated it. He wouldn't eat and wouldn't let anyone near him. He lunged at me and he has NEVER done this before :shock::( I don't want to stress him or that will slow down recovery :( if I feel he's too cold outside I'll definitely bring him in, I'm gonna give him blankets and a hot water bottle with covers and towels wrapped round. :)

I'm sooo worried :oops: the fact I have to leave him in a night before probs doesn't help! :(
xx

i'd definitely say leave him outside.
the weather is so warm now that he shouldn't get too cold anyhow, but if you have a snugglesafe it would be a good idea to put one in the hutch with him that night :)

don't worry, he will be fine. i was so so so scared for snowball to go today. i made a scene and cried all over the receptionist when they took him away :oops: but he is fine :wave:

i'd definitely say leave him outside.
the weather is so warm now that he shouldn't get too cold anyhow, but if you have a snugglesafe it would be a good idea to put one in the hutch with him that night :)

don't worry, he will be fine. i was so so so scared for snowball to go today. i made a scene and cried all over the receptionist when they took him away :oops: but he is fine :wave:

Thanks! :)
Yea, I thought he'd be warm enough now:)
I'm trying not to worry..but its hard...I'm out with him now(gotta love mobile internet!:lol:) I keep picking him up to cuddle him and make sure he is a little boy, 'cause clearly my vets aren't very bunny savvy if they're telling me he shouldn't be neutered, I'm scared incase they've made a mistake sexing him! :shock: he won't stay upside down! He's had enough of me cuddling him now! :lol:
I feel so guilty, he's looks so happy running around the garden right now, the thought of him being in a big scary place with nobody he knows and big scary people just makes me soooo sad :cry::oops:
Anyway, time for me to man up! :lol:

So glad Snowball is fine! :D
xx

Aw bless you, I'm sure he'll be fine. :) It might not seem like it but it is what's best for him. I was going to have to leave Beano in for her spay the night before but I took her in in the morning, I was rather late for school but Beano comes first! I'm sure he'll be fine going in the night before, apparently Beano made herslef at home in the cage for the few hours before her op! xxx

Aw bless you, I'm sure he'll be fine. :) It might not seem like it but it is what's best for him. I was going to have to leave Beano in for her spay the night before but I took her in in the morning, I was rather late for school but Beano comes first! I'm sure he'll be fine going in the night before, apparently Beano made herslef at home in the cage for the few hours before her op! xxx

Thanks! :D
Yep, I know he'll feel much better afterward :love:
I'm still outside with him, he's sat on my knee licking my jeans! :lol::love:
I wouldn't care if I was just gonna be late for school, but I have no way of getting to the vet, nobody would take me other than dad, and he can't get the morning off work :(
I'm sure he'll make himself at home, he's a little rascal! :lol:
xxx

Back