• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Ideas for Rabbit Awareness Week

Starlight

Warren Veteran
A bit short notice, but we are looking into doing an event for it.

Has anyone any ideas what we could do that will draw in the crowds, that everyone will enjoy and will raise funds for the rescue?! :wave:

A bit short notice, but we are looking into doing an event for it.

Has anyone any ideas what we could do that will draw in the crowds, that everyone will enjoy and will raise funds for the rescue?! :wave:

free animal health checks - ask a local vets to come
handmade products andproducts to buy
hutches for sale and runs ect
(ask local hutch makers and that to donate hutchs)
design the perfct rabbit hutch competition ?

Notify the local newspaper so they run an article a couple of weeks before.

Someone dressed in a bunny suit at the entrance near some brightly coloured balloons tie to a tree/bush/gate.

Poster in the back window of your car and park it at the local shops.

Posters in May about 2 weeks before the event....put posters in schools in libraries etc. house windows.

sell bunny related goods- bunny shaped biscuits, bunny books ( from charity shops or rummage sales)

enlist people to man the stalls.
sue:wave:

How about some interactive puzzles, like put the popular rabbit breeds (using pics) in order of size, the food in order of quality, the poos in order of healthiness etc ?

Got any willow/apple sticks? You could sell these.

Maybe sell prints of pictures of the bunnies.

Have as a display a rwaf minimum standard hutch + run next to one of the 'starter' hutches from P@H to show the difference. Both labelled as such. Some pictures or examples of alternative indoor housing as well?

I think you need to make it visually appealing, to drag people in, so a good amount of colour.

We have hired a local community centre, and plan to take some of bunnies along. Its like 2 rooms we hire and in the one room i intend to have the bunnies (We normally have them in puppy pens with plenty of places to hide and the fosterer stays with them to make sure no one is picking up the buns etc). We've had them before and they are quite successful. Then in the other room i plan to have a few fundraising stalls, so tombola, home made cakes, all our fundraising items, possibly a name the bunny, rabbit goodies/pet stall. We will have loads of leaflets etc on rabbits and will also do our notice board full of info. Last year we raised over £250 doing a smiliar event, which is good going as far as fundraising is concerned.

Good luck Kris :wave: x

Someone had an idea for this on here which I wanted to do for RAW in Yarmouth. I want to dress up as a rabbit and spend the day in a rabbit hutch in the market place to raise awareness of hutch is not enough. Sponsored and have someone collecting on the day and also people giving out advice and leaflets. I've run it past my RSPCA branch manager to see if I can do it. :)

Back