• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Be wary of squirrels.

yvette

Wise Old Thumper
Roland has been attacked.Hes ok.No bites or suchlike....hes just in shock.very quiet and still.
Ive spoken to Ian....Im to keep an eye.Make sure Rollie eats.:shock:

A squirrel?! :shock: I've only seen one squirrel around here in 10 years, and he didn't look like he could attack a fly! Is it normal for squirrels to attack rabbits? I hope Roland's not too shaken up by his ordeal! Sending lots of vibes xx

Poor Roland :(

Hope he recovers quickly.

Squirrels are nasty little brutes, sometimes. The sit in the oak tree and cuss at the birds in our garden, but fortunately the dog keeps them at a distance.

:shock:
Cant believe youve had this experience!! Ive shoo d a squirrel off twice now as I thought it was eyeing my buns up!! Thought I was being paranoid.. It ended up chasing a magpie and it won!!!
Hope your buns ok

Hope Roland will be ok.
One of my cats once got attacked my one and ended up with a massive abcess:shock::shock:

poor roland squirrels can be nasty, there was once one near nan's it used to squel and looked like once it was going to go for little rosie, luckily i walked towards it and it shot off

id also be warely of magpies after one tried to attack mabel few weeks back

Hes ok.Has eaten a full meal, so Im not concerned.Hes laying with Mrs.Contented after his ordeal.
Rotten squizz leapt on Rollie from behind so Rollie had no idea.Twice.:shock:
Hes lucky he didnt get bitten.
Thanks for the vibes.xxxxxxx

You also need to be careful with magpies, one tried to pull some fur from my bunnies when they were in their run. Crows can be dangerous, too.

:shock: Gosh, we always have squirrels, pigeons and magpies visiting our garden. Did have a nasty shrieking squirrel the other day but I think that was just because it hadnt seen me coming.

Poor Roland, hope he is ok. x

They sit in the trees and yell at me.....normally I dont mind them, but I think Roland had a narrow escape.......so sorry Squirrels!! I dont like you now!!

:shock: will be extending the run this week anyway:shock:
theire seems to be an influx in squirrels in my garden at the moment they rip the bird feeder off the line and bury food in my plant pots:roll:
hope roland is ok hun

Poor Roland, glad he didn't get hurt.

The same thing happened to Louie not long after we got him. A squirrel jumped off the fence onto his head :shock: I clapped my hands and it scarpered. Louie wasn't hurt but it shook me up.

Back