• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Had an awful shock today

Lillian

Warren Veteran
I can't say much right now, me and my mum are in a state :cry:

Our guinea pig had some sort of horrible accident and had to be put to sleep.

My mum went to put the guinea pigs out in their run at lunchtime, when she picked Dandy up her whole back foot was missing :cry: There was just a bloody stump and bone sticking out. We both nearly threw up, it was a horrific site :cry: We called the vets and took her straight up and she was PTS.

We have no idea what happened, she was fine last night, my mum fed them this morning and didn't noticed anything strange. The vet said there was no sign of maggots or anything like that, but it had happened a few hours prior as it was showing signs of starting to scab. My mum searched the hutch for her foot but found nothing. We can only imagine either Dandy or one of the other girls chewed it off :cry:

oh goodness that it just awful, what a dreadful thing to discover and for the poor piggie too :(

I know nothing about guinea pigs so don't know if the others chewing at it is something likely to have been done or not but at least it is at peace now, whatever happened.

Sleep tight little one xxx

Back