• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I've found a lovely bunny to adopt......

clarebear

Mama Doe
and now I don't know what to do!

I went out with my sister yesterday, and I popped into Pets at Home to get Bramble some pellets. There was a beautiful bunny in the adoption section called Mia, so I took it she was a girl. She was a black lionhead (probably crossed like Bramble judging by her size). Just what we are looking for! She is available for adoption from tomorrow......I don't know what to do!

I've been thinking about getting Bramble a wife, and he was nutered four weeks ago, so I know I could bond him yet. The only problem is we are away for a couple of weekends in May, and then away for a week in June. My in-laws usually look after Bramble when we go away, but is it fair to expect them to look after 2 bunnies, particulary when they will be seperately housed for a while.

I'm also a little worried about bonding, as it said Mia fought with her last partner, but they couldn't tell me if it was a girl or a boy she was in with.

She has been spayed, but not vacinated, and had a bit of s sticky eye, but she was gorgeous :love:

HELP!!!

Aaaaw! You'll have to decide fast! our P@H doesn't reserve bunnies, and you may find someone else has their eye on the little one.

I walked into my local P@H on Saturday and the Manageress said she needed to speak to me about taking on 2 special needs bunnies.... I had decided not to take any more for the moment, but when I saw them it was :love::love::love: 2 enormous balls of white fur! They've agreed to have them clipped as they'll be easier to look after... but like you, I've got things on over the next few weeks -looks like I'll have to cancel some things:lol::lol:

Was she spayed when she wasnt getting on with the other bun? Could you get her and get a rescue to bond them for you and then they can live together for when you go away?

I don't know how long ago she was spayed, they really didn't have much information at all.

Getting a rescue to bond would maybe be a good idea. Would they do it even if you hadn't got a bunny from them?

We do other peoples bonds for them for a donation for our time.

Personally, I would think worse case scenario- have you the means, and the money to accommodate her adequately should they not bond?

I don't know how long ago she was spayed, they really didn't have much information at all.

Getting a rescue to bond would maybe be a good idea. Would they do it even if you hadn't got a bunny from them?

My local RSPCA doesn't but I think quite a lot of rescue's do for a donation. Do they know how long ago she was seperated from the partner who she fought with? Also ask yourself could you keep two seperate rabbits and give them all the attention they need or find them each partners if they don't get on? A safer option would be to look in rescue centres and try to find a good match for your bunny there once you're ready.

My local RSPCA doesn't but I think quite a lot of rescue's do for a donation. Do they know how long ago she was seperated from the partner who she fought with? Also ask yourself could you keep two seperate rabbits and give them all the attention they need or find them each partners if they don't get on? A safer option would be to look in rescue centres and try to find a good match for your bunny there once you're ready.

Thank you for all your suggestions, you have helped me to make a decision.....probably not the one I really wanted to make but, I have decided not to go ahead with this bunny.

Liz47 - I agree it would be harder to look after two seperate rabbits, and then if I had to find them partners I would end up with four bunnies (not that I'd mind, but not sure it's what I really want and could afford). I think that I would go with your safer option and go to a rescue to find a suitable friend for Bramble, when I am more ready.

I don't think it will be long before Mia would be adopted because she is a lovely bunny.

I took on an adoption bun from same place but up here and it was awful, she was also a lionhead cross, lovely natured on her own but attacked poor flopsy on impact:shock:

Afraid to say she wasnt speyed and they didnt tell me and she had to go back.

Thank you for all your suggestions, you have helped me to make a decision.....probably not the one I really wanted to make but, I have decided not to go ahead with this bunny.

Liz47 - I agree it would be harder to look after two seperate rabbits, and then if I had to find them partners I would end up with four bunnies (not that I'd mind, but not sure it's what I really want and could afford). I think that I would go with your safer option and go to a rescue to find a suitable friend for Bramble, when I am more ready.

I don't think it will be long before Mia would be adopted because she is a lovely bunny.

That must've been a hard decision for you but well done for thinking it through and thinking of what may be more suitable xxx

What a hard decision to make. Maybe when you are back from your trips you could get in touch with an independent rescue and they would help find the perfect partner for your bun. That way you don't risk ending up with four. :wave:

At the end of the day as the saying goes, you can't miss what you've never had! I worry about my crunchie being bored on his own, but thinking about it he has only even known being on his own! he is quite happy pottering around the garden on his own with the dogs x

We thought that too, that maybe he doesn't know any different because he has always been on his own. He potters in the garden and the house with me! :lol:

It must be lovely to see two bunnies together though :love:

We thought that too, that maybe he doesn't know any different because he has always been on his own. He potters in the garden and the house with me! :lol:

It must be lovely to see two bunnies together though :love:

I thought that with Beano, she seemed more than happy on her own, but she must've remembered being with other rabbits and must know there's others of her kind. Beano's so loving towards Gordon, it's lovely to see them together. It was lovely to give Beano a friend and to give a rescue rabbit a friend and a home (and for me to have another bunny to love :lol:) :love:

Back